Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Finding My Purpose: What Brings Me Joy

 I was cleaning out my bookmarks the other day & saw one called How to Find Your Purpose in Life.  Seeing as how I'm currently trying to figure out my life after having just quit my career, moving 1200 miles away, & leaving a relationship I thought was going to be my last, it seemed like a bookmark I should look into.  It had 4 overarching questions followed by 2 "to-dos."  I thought about just journaling them but then thought, why not blog them instead?!

The overarching questions:
1. What brings you joy
2. What makes you unique
3. What does your perfect life look like
4. How can you give back to the world

The to-dos:
1. Look for patterns
2. Write your purpose statement

What Brings Me Joy
-What activities make me happy
*Being outside - simply sitting in the sun, hiking, walking with Nash, etc*
*Listening to music*
*Spending time with friends/family that energize me - Mama, Daddy, Baby Bro, Becky, Kristie*
*Writing*
*Planning - events, vacations, posts, etc*
*Experiencing new places/things*

-What do I love to do
*Visit new places - cities, bars, restaurants, etc*
*Listen to music - especially live*
*Spend time with Nash, friends, family*

-What can I find myself doing for hours on end & not be tired
*Listen to music*
*Write*
*TikTok*
*Research/plan trips & new places*

-What were my favorite things to do or play as a child
*Perform dances - either for myself or family*
*Run around barefoot*
*Explore nature*
*Sing*

-What makes me come alive
*Coming up with new ideas*
*Learning new things*
*Seeing new places*
*Being in nature*

-What things have made me feel excited to get out of bed
*Having an adventure planned - whether extended or just for the day*
*Coffee & morning alone time*

No comments:

Post a Comment