Wednesday, March 31, 2021

What's Up Wednesday *3/31*

Linking up with Sheaffer & Shay.

What I'm Eating... I made stuff for buffalo chicken salads for lunches and southwest chicken burrito bowls for suppers.  But I also grabbed some apple sauce and chicken noodle soup just in case my 2nd Covid shot knocks me on my ass this week.

What I'm Reminiscing About... My last 9-9.5 years in Texas in general

What I'm Loving... That all of my teaching observations are over

What I've Been Up To... Trying to do all the Houston things before I move.

What I'm Dreading... the countless teaching applications I'll be filling out.  Why can't it just be one & I select all the places I want to send it to?  The application is the same for every district, but I have to refill it out every single time.

What I'm Working On... Applying to teaching jobs in Minnesota as well as getting my Minnesota real estate license

What I'm Excited About... That my work week is over!  I only had to go to work on Monday and Tuesday so now I'm off until next Monday!

What I'm Watching/Reading... For some reason I'm watching Letterkenny on Hulu.  I'm into season 2 & it has it's moments but its more of a train wreck I can't stop watching/background noise that I don't have to pay attention to.  I'm "reading" Agent 355 on Audible.

What I'm Listening To... bits & pieces of the Chauvin Trial

What I'm Wearing...
What I'm Doing This Weekend... I honestly have no idea.  I'd like to go to Galveston to watch the sunrise, and because when I first moved to Houston that's where I spent every Easter when my friend Bridgette would come visit.  I might do that, maybe take Nash to another brewery, maybe go to Goodwill in the rich part of Houston.  The possibilities are endless!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month... I'm meeting up with a friend from grad school in Fort Worth & also have a friend from Minnesota coming to visit me in Houston.

What Else Is New... Trying to think of other possible career moves for the future.  All I know is I don't want to be a teacher forever & I'd love a job that allowed me to work remotely most or all of the time.  Flexibility with my job would also be a big plus.

3 comments:

  1. Getting to see friends again is going to be the best!! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would make a lot of sense if an application would just be good for all the teaching jobs in the state. What a waste of time to have to do a different one for each position... Enjoy your last taste of things before you move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on not knowing what to do career-wise. I feel like I simultaneously want to do a million different things while also being too terrified to pursue any of them, haha. I remember the days in grad school where people would just sit together in coffee shops and research school or career stuff together--I wish you and I could do that! Safety in numbers!

    ReplyDelete