Monday, March 8, 2021

Monday Morning Coffee *3/8*

 


Happy Monday everyone!  It's my last week of work before spring break!  Last year we went on spring break & never came back... With people traveling, & the mask mandate being lifted in just 2 days in Texas, I can't say that I'm 100% confident that that won't happen again...  On the bright side a lot of businesses are still requiring them, people are starting to get vaccinated (I get my first dose tomorrow!), & from what I hear a lot of people are still CHOOSING to wear masks.  Hopefully all that will help.  And if not, well then at least we've been doing some form of virtual for a year now & we'd be better equipped to handle a return to all virtual than we were last year.  Anyway... on with my weekend!

Friday
Friday after work I did DoorDash for about an hour & a half before calling it quits.  I had been craving wings so I decided to try out a place nearby where I live now since I'm all about trying out new places & trying 50 new bars/restaurants/coffee shops is on my 101 in 1001 list.  The wings were good, the ranch was amazing!  The ranch alone would have me going back to try more wing flavors or some of their other food.  

At work that day a teacher friend from up by Dallas sent me a Google Form for teachers to fill out to get scheduled for the Covid vaccine so I filled that out & then impatiently waited all day & night to see if I'd get one.

Saturday
Saturday was a full day for Nash & me.  We started out the morning at the dog park.  We were there for an hour and a half, which is longer than he normally lasts, because we had an appointment at 10 & had nowhere else to go until then.  

After making all the friends at the park we went to Woof Gang so that Nash could get himself a bath & a nail trim.  That took about an hour & a half as well but there is a coffee/crepe place right by it so I hung out there.  I had been there for coffee a handful of times but had never eaten there.  I was starving so I got myself a smore's crepe & a king cake latte.  Confession: that was the first time I had had a crepe... ever.  Normally I am not one to shy away from sweet food in the morning but holy goodness... between the crepe & the latte it was SO MUCH sugar.  

I felt like shit for awhile & had to lay down when we got home.  This was Nash's 2nd time getting a bath at Woof Gang & they always put a bandana on him at the end.  Perfect timing because his shirt came in the mail that day.  Lookin so fly!

I went out & did DoorDash for about an hour that afternoon but then went home to finish up the coursework on my 1st Minnesota real estate class & then just hung out with Nash & watched Netflix.  I was so tired that I was asleep by 8-8:30 that night.

Sunday
I had planned on taking Nash to the dog park for another hour on Sunday morning but he was still so tuckered out from his big day on Saturday that we just stayed home instead.  I went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things I hadn't been able to get from my curbside pick-up order on Friday, got some new flowers, finished Love on Netflix, took my first practice text for my 1st MN real estate course, scheduled my first exam, took a nap, & just had a chill day.  I also talked to Presley (Danny's daughter) on the phone for a couple of minutes.  Apparently she has been asking her mom & Danny about me & has been telling her mom that we're friends.  That little girl is probably what I miss the most.  I loved getting to be her bonus mom.

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that everyone still take precautions! Good luck with your fist vaccine appointment! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your first vaccine appointment!! I am still waiting to get mine. I work for the schools so they are trying to get our vaccines provided to us at the school. It would be perfect because we wouldn't be late for the second dose.

    ReplyDelete