Thursday, May 2, 2019

Dog Friendly Restaurants in North Houston

Over Easter weekend I went down to Houston to visit some old friends as well as the cute little town that I used to live in.  I brought Nash along because a)it was cheaper to get an AirBNB that allowed him than it would have been to get a hotel/AirBNB & to board him and b)I'm obsessed with my dog.  

Because I had him with me, I wanted to be able to take him places some of the time too rather than just keep him at the house the whole time.  A quick Yelp search made me want to move back even more.  I currently live in the DFW Metroplex, essentially halfway between both Dallas & Fort Worth.  When I lived in Houston I lived in a smaller town on the north side of the metro.  If you currently search restaurants on Yelp & then put on the "Dogs Allowed" filter, there are nearly 4 times as many dog friendly restaurants in the vicinity of the small town that I lived in near Houston compared to the city I live in now.  For added comparison, the city I live in now is 5x as large as the town I lived in near Houston.... soo 5x larger, 4x fewer dog friendly places.  As a girl obsessed with her dog, let's put another check in the win column for Houston.

I wanted to share with you a few of the places that I have been to, as well as a couple that I definitely want to go to next time!  (I was really bad about taking pictures while I was in Houston so with the exception of Bruster's & Cisco's, all other photos are from Yelp.

Have Tried

1. Bruster's Real Ice Cream (Ice Cream)

2. Tejas Chocolate Craftory (BBQ & Chocolates)

3. 403 Eats (Food Truck Park)

4. Cisco's Salsa Company (Mexican)

Must Try

5. Fire Ant Brewing (Brewery)

6. Craft Grill (Southern)




For more dog friendly restaurants in North Houston, click here!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo we might be going to Houston again soon and would be taking Bowie so this is good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that restaurants were dog friendly anywhere! I guess that is on the stipulation that your dog is well trained and won't grab food from your neighbors table - HA HA! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  3. There arent many dog friendly eateries here at all but I sure wish there were!

    ReplyDelete