Wednesday, March 27, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

What I'm Eating This Week
Breakfasts: Scrambled Eggs w/Cheese
Lunches/Suppers: Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps or Cilantro Lime Lettuce Wraps
Snacks: Celery & Apples w/Peanut Butter, Bananas, Banana Chocolate Chip Lara Bars
Game Day Suppers: Peanut Butter & Grape Jelly Uncrustables

What I'm Reminiscing About
Spring Break.  Those 9 glorious days where I didn't have to go to work & when my parents came to visit for a few days.


What I'm Loving
The weather.  It's finally warm out most days.  The pollen however...not so much.


What I've Been Up To
Work work work work work....and softball, which is technically work.  Our season ends in 23 days though.  I've also started applying to jobs outside of the DFW area for next year.

What I'm Dreaming About
Well my actual dreams have been so bizarre!  Between the Gossip Girl dreams when I binge watch too much & the completely random dreams, such as the one where I showed up to work in black flats, black yoga capri pants, & a white "I Touched A Shark" shirt and didn't even care, I have been waking up thinking WTF a lot lately.

My day dreams include summer vacation & relocating to the Houston area.

What I'm Working On
Applying for teaching jobs that will get me back to the north Houston area.

What I'm Excited About
The fact that there are only 43 school days left & I'm only here for 39.5 of them...  Thinking about living in north Houston again gets me really excited too so fingers crossed it happens.

What I'm Watching/Reading
I'm watching Gossip Girl & "reading" Girl, Stop Apologizing

What I'm Listening To
Lots of Cody Johnson & Luke Combs

What I'm Wearing
Nothing but jeans & tshirts/sweatshirts.  I donated $20 so that I could wear jeans every single day for the rest of the school year.


What I'm Doing This Weekend
Going to dinner with some friends

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month
-My friend from grad school coming to visit for a Wild v Stars hockey game
-Getting to see a friend from CO while they're in town for work
-Nash's birthday
-Eric Church concert
-Softball season ending, aka more free time
-A 4 day weekend for Easter, possibly going to Houston


What Else Is New
I discovered the other day that at this point in time, going back to Minnesota to teach is not an option.  The pay difference is so drastic that I couldn't afford it.

5 comments:

  1. We do a jean day at work the same way only ours is WAY more money and we only get to wear them on Fridays...I was ripped off! HA
    I love the "I touched a shark shirt" dream - that is hilarious!!
    Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo jeans for the rest of the year! Nash is such a ham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah, sorry to hear that about Minnesota but I'll put my vote in for Houston - I love that place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our lives sound very similar right now. Teaching, coaching and applying for new positions. Hectic but hopefully works out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, sorry to hear that things aren't ideal for you to move back to MN. :(

    ReplyDelete