Tuesday, May 29, 2018

When Life Throws You A Curve Ball...

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope that y'all had a great Memorial weekend!

I only have three short days left of work & I am beyond excited!  I had another one of those weekends that don't turn out like you planned but still wind up amazing anyway.  I'm going to break my weekend up into two parts for you.

First up, Friday & Saturday!  Linking up with Biana.

Friday

Friday after work I went to happy hour at Blatt Beer & Table.  The company was awesome, the food was pretty good, the bloody mary was less than stellar, & the service SUCKED!

After happy hour we hit up Trader Joe's for some cookie butter.

Even though it had been an easy week, it felt like a long & exhausting week.  When I got home I was in bed by 9:30 & out before 10.

Saturday

Originally I was supposed to drop Nash off at his dog hotel around 9 am & head to Austin to meet up with my friend Abby so that we could spend the weekend in Austin at Lonestar Jam.  However, the night before she had to bail because of family stuff so in the morning I called his hotel to cancel his stay.

Saturday morning I tried taking Nash to our normal dog park for awhile so that he could have some fun & burn off some energy.  He wasn't having it though.  He spent most of his time laying over by the gate wanting to leave.  We might need to find a new dog park because he is starting to get this way more & more when we go there.  He was once bullied by a dog there & I think that has a lot to do with it, even though that dog isn't always there.

We spent most of the afternoon being productive around home & just hanging out.  That evening we met up with my friend & co-worker Lauren and her dogs at White Rock Lake Dog Park.  I had never been there before, & took approximately 0 pictures, but we both really enjoyed it.  It's not all that close to where I live, 45 min to an hour away, but we might have to spend some time over there this summer.  Nash had a blast at that park meeting all of the dogs & people.  After the park we took the dogs to Goodfriend Beer Garden for some burgers and beers.

Tomorrow I'll recap Sunday & Monday for y'all as that's where my weekend really took a turn for the unplanned but amazing.

6 comments:

  1. We went to a dog park in McKinney this weekend and Bowie spent most of his time hiding from all the other dogs, even though there were kiddie pools and water fountains all over the place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Nash is bothering all the dogs to play with him & other times he wants nothing to do with anyone.

      Delete
  2. My dog wasn't having the heat this weekend haha she literally came outside, found a patch of shade and just hid. Dogs, man haha I can't wait to hear how your weekend turned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't blame her! It was so hot out!

      Delete
  3. It makes me (possibly irrationally) sad that Nash was bullied by another dog. Poor pup! Off to find out what else happened this weekend now... (benefits of reading late... don't have to wait!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. We need to find a new park because he still loves going there but isn't as social as he used to be when we're there. When I took him to White Rock Lake though he was all about it. That's too far to go all the time though.

      Delete