Thursday, May 3, 2018

Ideas For Cinco De Mayo

Not only is my friend in town from Minnesota this weekend, but it's also Cinco de Mayo!  Thursday & Friday are supposed to be rainy here but Saturday is supposed to be sunny & 80!

Outfits
I've known for a little while that I wanted to wear something bright and red.  I just wasn't 100% sure what.  Well, now that it's going to be hot & sunny, the answer is: as little as I can get away with while still looking cute & not like a hooker.

I bought this dress years ago from Papaya.  This was my first option because it meant not buying any new clothes. 

However, then I was at Target & of course I wound up buying a couple of other possibilities.

For the life of me I cannot find this top online even though I literally just bought it yesterday & not on the sales rack.  The brand is Xhilaration though.  Both tops were $19.99

Opinions?  At this moment in time I'm thinking bottom top during the day & possibly the dress at night?  Either way all 3 are going with me to Lone Star Jam at the end of the month.

Drinking
Since we don't have anything planned as of yet for the later afternoon/evening, I bought stuff to make these skinny blackberry margaritas that we could drink by the pool and/or while grilling.

I also considered making blueberry lime margaritas and margarita popsicles.

Eating
In the event we do just wind up having some pool time and grilling out that evening rather than going out, there will of course be guacamole.  Guacamole is something that I don't really have a real recipe for.  I just go based on what my mom & dad always did when I was growing up.  Nothing is measured.  Sorry!  I can tell you that it's:

avocado, garlic, lemon juice, salt, onion, & sometimes I throw in cilantro.

It's basically all to your taste & the quantity that you want.


I really want to try out this Pesto Grilled Shrimp

As well as these Stuffed Grilled Jalapenos

Fun Activities

In the morning we will be going to brunch at Jonathon's Oak Cliff because Bloody Mary bar & patio.  Ozona Grill was also suggested, both by Ally.

After brunch we'll be headed off to Lindale to hit up the Pink Pistol to do some shopping & wine drinking.

Beyond that the world is our oyster!

Do you have any plans for Cinco de Mayo?

2 comments:

  1. I really like those cropped tops! I've got the dog by myself on Saturday so you know I'll just be loosely holding on to my sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red dress is HOT, lady. Love the crop tops too... they look GREAT on you.

    ReplyDelete