Thursday, May 31, 2018

Another School Year Comes To An End

Today marks the end of another school year.  My 6th as a teacher & my 25th overall.  At 1 PM Central Time the last bell of the 2017-2018 school year will ring & summer vacation will FINALLY begin.  Bring on the freedom!  

This will be my first summer since moving to the Dallas-Fort Worth area that I can also fully relax knowing I have a job next year.  This will be my first summer since graduating college that I'm not applying for teaching jobs in general.  Even though I stayed in Houston teaching at the same school district for 3 years, I still applied every year in hopes of getting out.  When I did finally get out, I moved up to the DFW area.  And in my 3 years up here I have worked in 3 different school districts.

But no more!  While my drive sucks, and there are certain aspects of my job I wish were different, for the most part I genuinely like where I work, who I work with, & who I work for.  So rather than spending my summer filling out countless applications, crossing my fingers for interviews, & praying that I get a new teaching job, this summer I just get to sit back & relax.

5 comments: