Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Things You Weren't Wondering Vol. 18

What's one responsibility you really wish you didn't have?
Putting my damn laundry away!

What's the "holy grail" of your life?
Contentment

If your childhood had a smell, what would it be?
I don't even know how to describe it.  And the smell that instantly popped into my head isn't even from my home.  It belongs to the house of a friend I had in daycare/elementary school.  Her porch that we would play in just had this smell.  Maybe like a mix of perfume samples but also with fresh air?  I don't know how to describe it but anytime I smell it, that's what I think of.  I always said if I stayed in my hometown I wanted to live in that house...

What are the top three things you want to accomplish before you die? How close are you to accomplishing them?
My gun to head answers are:
1. Get married
2. Have kids
3. See the world

But in all honesty, sure I want those things, but I don't know that I would call them the most important things that I want to accomplish.

1. I want to find a career that I love that also allows me freedom to do the non-work related things I love
2. I do want to travel, but it doesn't have to be the whole world
3. I want to be content with wherever life takes me.  Whether that be married with kids, or single doing my own thing.

What do you wish you could tell yourself 10 years ago?  What do you think you'll want to tell your current self 10 years from now?
I assume basically the same thing... make the most of your life & it's going to be okay

In your group of friends, what role do you play?
It depends on the group & the situation... but I find I play the mom/responsible one a lot.  At the same time I also think I'm sort of the gypsy soul/do what I want friend.

Among your friends or family, what are you famous for?
Crack dip.  Just kidding.  Kind of...

Whats' the biggest lesson you never learned?
How to swim.  Is that a lesson?  It's not really a profound one but it's the truth.

What's the most immature thing you do?
I get sassy right back at my students... I also laugh at their immature jokes.  When you spend most of your time with 15-18 year olds all day long, you kind of wind up as immature as they are sometimes...

If your life was a book, what would its title be?
Ah the my life as a book question again... I think I've landed on "Bullets Dodged" except it's just going to be about guys...

4 comments:

  1. You sassy! Never! I bet the kids love you! You WILL find your contentment, I feel it in my bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think I'm 18 still. I blame the kids. I think it's also why I still look 18... so I'll take that, too. Last spring, I was visiting two of my kids at Harvard. The girl and I crashed the boy's party his in dorm room then I proceeded to tell his friends that I was a senior at Harvard. It's not my fault they believed me... I kept trying to tell him that it was way better than telling them I was his college counselor. His mom called this week and asked if I wanted to pretend while visiting law schools with him. L. o. l.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I also hang out with mostly 18-22 year olds in my classes, I laugh at their immature jokes as well. But I also pull out my old lady sometimes and tell them to STFU when they are being annoying. #OldLadyPerks

    ReplyDelete