Thursday, May 5, 2016

28 by 28

I've been 27 for just over 6 months now which means I have 171 more days to complete my 28 by 28 list.

1. Get into Grad School
This one has potential to go either way.  If I don't get a teaching job by the end of summer I am going to apply to grad school.  If I do, I'll give it a few months before I decide.

2. Be in a real relationship
Mr. Midwest & I have been seeing each other for almost 7 months now, he's met my parents, we're talking about moving in together in August so... as of right now it's looking pretty solid.

3. Visit a new state
I don't know that this is going to happen.  I had a chance to go to California with some friends this month but then I went & quit my job so now I need those days for interviews.  My brother & I talked about driving out to Montana this summer so we'll see.

4. Have ECSI loan paid off
I paid that bad boy off as soon as I got my refund check back in February.

5. Attend 9 concerts
At this moment in time I'm at 6.  I'm feeling pretty confident that I can attend 3 more in the next 6 months.

6. Try 24 new restaurants/bars
While I was in Houston I finally completed this one.

7. Cut credit card debt to $5300
If I got my ass in to gear this would MAYBE still be possible but it's really not looking well.

8. Don't use credit card for 1 month
This hasn't happened yet.  Of course it's a new month so maybe May will be that month...

9. Run a 5k
I haven't even looked at any races.  I don't have high hopes for this one.  Mostly because it's not really at the top of my priority list.  I can with almost 100% confidence say it won't happen over the summer.  Maybe once I'm back down in Texas again next August I'll do one.

10. Read 15 books
I'm at 1.  However, summer is right around the door & I have a stack of books I'm wanting to read.  I can knock books out in the summer, school year not so much.

11. Get another tattoo
I know what I want.  I just don't know when I'll get it.  Right now there are other things that I need/want to spend money on.

12. Weigh 150-155
I'm on week 2 of a 12 week work out program.  Plus, I'm also trying to eat less junk.  Fingers crossed I can hit this long before the end of October.  I'd love to hit it by the end of July but would also accept mid-September.

13. Have $1000 in savings
I had this.  I had more than this.  But then I had a rental car that got hail damage & had to pay a $500 deductible.  I suppose that is what savings is for right?  I'm hoping to get it back up there again though.

14. Stick to the 1-48-5 rule
This hasn't been relevent because I haven't been dating anyone new.  Since I met Mr. Midwest back in October I've only been seeing him.

15. Get CDL
I almost called this a fail.  It still most likely will be a fail.  I don't want to get it.  However, if I get a new coaching job thta requires me to...I suppose I'll give it another go.

16. Get CHL
This one should be so easy.  I took the class a couple of years ago.  And if I remember right, I have 2 years after the class to apply for the license which means I still have until September.  If that's not true, it's not like the class was hard.  I could very easily retake it in August/September & apply for the license right away.

17. Kiss someone on NYE
We didn't kiss at midnight.  I passed out before midnight.  However, I did spend all NYE with Mr. Midwest so it still counts.

18. Have tarot read
I plan on doing this once I get back to Minnesota this summer.  I did it last June when I was in NOLA, & while I wish I could do it there again, I won't be going there this summer so it'll have to be Minnesota.

19. Donate blood
This hasn't happened.  This falls under the whole "I feel like I had more time/my shit together last year"

20. Meet a blogger
I honestly don't know that his will happen.  I'd love for it to but there are no plans in the works as of yet.

21. Learn to play a song on the guitar
That guitar is still just sitting in the corner of my bedroom...

22. No traffic ticket
So far so good.  Knock on wood it stays that way.

23. Go horseback riding
I still haven't done this either.

24. Go to a Twins, Vikings, & Wild game
I've been to a couple of Vikings games & a Wild game so far.  I have plans on going to a Twins game on June 7 so this one should get completed.

25. Attend San Antonio, Houston, & Fort Worth rodeo
I went to the SA & FW rodeos.  I missed Houston though.  2 out of 3 ain't bad right?

26. Complete 3 30 day challenges
I haven't even looked at any challenges  I should really look into some if I want to have any chance at completing this.

27. Learn Spanish
No.  I'd also say it's likely that it'll never actually happen...

28. Finish 1000 piece puzzle
I'm thinking of buying one either on my way back to MN or once I get back to MN so that I have something to do this summer while everyone else is at work.

So in case you've lost count, or just didn't keep track, half way through my stats look something like this:

Complete: 4
In Progress: 9
Not Started: 14
Failed: 1

Looks like I better get my butt in gear with some of those "Not Started"

5 comments:

  1. I LOLed at passing out before midnight. I hear you - it's getting harder and harder for me to stay up on NYE!
    Have you tried the Duolingo app? It's just like 15 minutes or something each day to learn Spanish. I used it for Italian, learned a lot. I quit before I got 'fluent' or anything, but I understand conversations now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I am horrible at sticking to lists of goals so the fact that you have completed any is awesome to me. I have been wanting to get my tarot read forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you're making good progress which is awesome! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you can meet all of these! I do the same thing with reading.. I read occasionally during the colder months but once it's warm out I feel like I am sitting by the pool or on our porch reading constantly!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duolingo app. Set it up to do 5 lessons a day. It takes 20 minutes (turn off the speaking questions, because the app doesn't understand shit, even itself.. I tried) and you can do it while you're in the bathroom. Maybe TMI, sorry.

    ReplyDelete