Friday, November 1, 2019

Goodbye October, Hello November


It's been 5.5 weeks since I last blogged.  It's also been that long since I last read a blog... my apologies.  I haven't even really been posting on Instagram as much as I used to.  I just looked & I only have 17 photos posted on IG since my last blog post.  So what have I been up to in that time?  A whole lot & a whole lot of nothing at the same time.

**It's the 52nd day of school today & I've already missed 4 days.  2 I took off & the other 2 were for a lesson plan creating committee I got put on.  Those days are boring but at least I'm not at school.**

**Danny & I went to Dallas-Fort Worth for a weekend for my friend Trey's wedding**


**I met all the dogs**


**Danny & I joined a weekly bags (corn hole) tournament at a bar/food truck place across from my apartment**


**I turned 31 & had the most grown up birthday of my life.  For the first time since graduating high school I didn't have some big dinner, trip, or concert planned.  I took the day off because I didn't want to be at work.  Nash & I went to the dog park for a few hours, I got an oil change, & then Danny & I just ate at home that night since we already had plans to be out Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night.  He surprised me with flowers, cake, wine, & a sweet card.**


**I celebrated my birthday buddy's unicorn themed birthday**


**I stopped being Team Android & started living the iPhone life when I got the iPhone 11**

This month is going to fly by.  Danny & I have plans to go to Dallas again this month but this time for the Vikings/Cowboys game.  I'll also be going home for a few days over Thanksgiving.  I'm most looking forward to the fact that I'll only have to be at work a whopping 14 days this month...

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet birthday surprise from Danny. Glad to hear that you've been able to focus on things that you enjoy!! Cheers to a short work month in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes girl, get off social media and live life! i totally cut down on social media because well, a lot of it annoys me and i want to be *present*, not living the memories through a phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Danny sounds pretty great! :) Glad to hear you had a fun birthday! And I just got the iPhone 11 a few weeks ago myself! #twins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! That's awesome that there's a cornhole tourney so close to your apt! And that Danny surprised you with those gifts. I make it a point to take off my birthday every year- it's my gift to myself, and if it falls on a weekend, I take off either Monday or Friday! So will Danny be meeting the family over Thanksgiving?!

    ReplyDelete