Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  May is flying by so fast!  I only have about 3 weeks left in Texas before heading to Minnesota for the summer & I still have SO MUCH to do!  This was a weird week for me work wise.  I had Monday off because I had friends in town & then Tue-Thur I was out of my classroom for state testing.  Needless to say, I'm glad it's Friday because my routine feels so out of whack this week.  I'm ready for some normalcy again!

Linking up with Andrea.


From the Phone
Nash has decided that he now needs to take puppy outside with him every time we go potty.  Except he can't hold him while he goes down or up the stairs so I have to carry puppy on the steps & then give him back when we're on flat ground...

I *finally* got to lay out by the pool for an hour, of course now it's cold again.  I'm going to need it to warm back up & ASAP so I can get more pool time in before I move & don't have a pool anymore.

**I still need to do a recap of everything my friends & I did while they were in town this past weekend...

...they were here last Thursday-Monday & we packed a lot in**

**My seniors are doing a Shark Tank project & this girl "created an app" that identifies palm oil in products & suggests palm oil free alternatives** #SaveTheRainForest

Moments of Gratitude
**Laying out by the pool & getting some sun**

**4 fun days with Kayla & Sonja**

**Getting my contract signed for next year**

**Free for Teacher Appreciation Day/Week**

**Not having to go grocery shopping or meal prep this week**

Events of the Week
**Monday my friends were still in town & we got quite a bit in considering all we had already done & they had to be at the airport by 4:30.  I'll try to get a post all set up about everything we did next week--I'm actually going to try to get multiple posts scheduled so I don't have another quiet blog week like I did this week**

**This week was a state testing week so I was displaced all week.  Luckily I'm able to post assignments online so that we didn't complete the entire week.  I remember back when I only had textbooks & seniors who NEVER had to test, testing days were usually just movie/free days because I wouldn't have anything for them to do**

**Wednesday was the US History test which meant that I had to take down everything social studies related in my classroom.  I got on a roll & just took EVERYTHING down.  My classroom went from so bright & happy looking to now looking like bare prison walls.  I'll have a "before" picture today on Instagram in my feed.  Maybe I'll also post a sad "after" photo/video in my stories**

**Our contracts FINALLY came in & so I officially have a job for next year.  I also finally get to teach government again because one of the government teachers is retiring.  Teaching government was my favorite**

**I kind of posted about it a couple of different times on Instagram but never outright said it.  I didn't get the job I really wanted down by Houston.  There are still 3 jobs I applied for that I could potentially hear back from, one closed yesterday & the other close on the 16th, but I've kind of decided to stay where I am for another year.  I don't want to go into summer not having a plan, especially because I need all of my stuff in storage & would like it stored where I'm going to be.  I'm calling on the 20th to get everything set up for storage, cleaning, etc so unless I hear differently by then I'll be back where I am...and I'm mostly okay with that.  I am excited that I'll be teaching government again & that I'll still be near all of my friends, I am obviously sad that I won't be going back to my little town...and a little sad I'll still be coaching, I'm ready to hang it up...**

Funnies






3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get the Houston job, but teaching Govt = silver lining.

    I won't lie, I'm impressed by the Palm Oil app.. even though I have no concept of palm oil other than this post and an episode of Grace & Frankie, lol. #ILiveUnderARock

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH I'm sorry you didn't get the job you wanted. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah, I'm sorry about the Houston job. I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities that come up. 3 weeks until summer break - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete