Monday, June 4, 2018

Summer Lovin

Happy Monday everyone!  I actually forgot it was Monday, it felt more like Sunday when I woke up.  My first official week of summer break starts today & I already have lost track of the days.  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  Today I'm linking up with Andrea for some TBB Asks & Biana for a little Weekending.


1. Walk or Bike Ride?

2. Favorite Picnic Food? Potato salad or meats & cheeses.
3. Pool or Lake?

4. Favorite Flavor of ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip

5. Ice Cream Cone or in a Dish?

6. Flip Flops or Slides?

7. Jean Shorts or Jean Capris?

8. Favorite summer Fruit? Watermelon

9. Corn on the Cob or Cut Off the Cob?

10. Favorite summertime song? I don't have a favorite summertime song.

11. Favorite summertime activity? Not having to go to work

12. Favorite Berry? Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry or Blackberry?

13. Bikini’s, tankini’s or one pieces?

14. Dresses or Skirts?

15. One Word to describe Summer? Freedom

Thursday

Thursday was the last day of school.  Yay!  My friend Katherine & I met up at Grapevine Craft Brewery.  We each got a flight & then a big girl beer.  I had never been there before but I loved the vibe & that they have a rotating food truck outside.  KB's Brats was there while we were there.  I was supposed to hang out with Pickles but he didn't get back from work until nearly 8 that night so we moved it to Saturday instead.

Friday

Despite not having to go to work, I still woke up at 5 am.  I was planning on taking Nash for a walk & going to the gym so I could start running again.  Nash got his walk, I did not go to the gym.  I had an appointment to donate blood at 8.  I was finally able to donate!  After months have having iron .1 too low, I was .2 above!  Because it was both National Donut Day & World Milk Day, and I had just donated blood, I went to Shipley's to celebrate both!  When I got back Nash & I chilled for a bit before I took him to Woof Gang Bakery to get his nails trimmed and a cookie.  That evening I went over to a friend's place for some grilling by the pool... where they all tried to convince me to go with them to Vegas at the end of July.  Flights are being watched...

Saturday
Saturday Nash & I hung out most of the morning.  We tried to go for a walk, but Nash wasn't having it most of the time.  See above.  Although I can't believe him.  The real feel was 110.  No thank you.  That afternoon Trey & I went to Turning Point Beer.  They just opened this year & I don't live too far from there.  They had some good beers and some fun arcade and board games.  I definitely kicked his ass at foosball and Sorry!  Although he kicked my ass at mancala & Mortal Kombat.  That night Pickles came over & we ate pizza, drank some beers, & watched a little TV.

Sunday
Sunday Pickles & I hung out all day.  We went to brunch at Lazy Dog, because it's my favorite.  Afterwards we hit up a vintage record store, where I found the soundtrack to Alice's Restaurant.  Every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember.  Despite the fact that I thought this was a super popular song, most people I ask about it have no idea what in the world I'm talking about.  If you're one of those people and ever have 18 minutes to spare you can find it here.  However, when I told this to Pickles he stared quoting the song right then & there in the record store at which point I went all heart eyes.  Afterwards we walked next door to a vintage video game store & arcade.  We spent most of the day after that napping followed by some Space Jam before he headed home.  There is a 4 legged creature that lives in my home that is also terribly fond of Pickles.  While he was getting ready to leave Nash just laid by the door waiting for him rather than sitting with me.  When Pickles left that evening I met up with Trey for some wings, beer, & sports.  However not at Buffalo Wild Wings.  We went to BFF Asian Bar & Grill followed by Buffalo Bros.

11 comments:

  1. Oh girl I'm so jealous that you have the summers off. I really wish I did!! haha I don't want to work anymore...at all!! haha not gonna happen. I will be working until I die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if it makes you feel better, summers off aren't always all that exciting because almost no one else has them off.

      Delete
  2. Oh man - weather that feels like 110...I dont think I could deal! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to a break in the heat when I go to Minnesota for a couple weeks!

      Delete
  3. How did I know you were gonna say Freedom....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your summer is off to an AWESOME start... and you didn't have to drive in the rain this morning... HIZZAH! At least Vegas in July will be a dry heat... because this humidity is oppressive. Wears. Me. Out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time, well only time, I went to Vegas it was July. Oofda it was hot! It was a dry heat lol... but boy oh boy was it hot.

      Delete
  5. So jealous of your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm not going to lie, I was a tad nervous about how Nash would feel about him, but really nervous to how he would react to Nash since he can still be a bit much sometimes. However, when he's here Nash prefers to cuddle next to him & Pickles is so good to & with Nash.

      Delete