Monday, March 26, 2018

The Start of Something New

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that y'all had a good weekend.  Mine was a good combination of fun, productivity, & relaxation.  This week is a short week for me, thank goodness.  It was also a "surprise" short week.  I had forgotten until last Monday that this coming Friday was a bad weather make up day for us & since we haven't had any bad weather days, we get it off!  Hallelujah.  Linking up with the beautiful Biana.

Friday
Friday night brought yet another softball game & yet another loss.  I will say however that the girls played SO much better.  Perhaps once the second round of district starts we'll even be able to win a game or two.  Only two more Fridays will be dedicated to softball & then the season will be over.

Saturday
A few weeks ago Trey got a new dog, on Saturday we had our dogs hang out.  We took them to the dog park that I always take Nash to & then we also took them to BoomerJack's so that we could eat & drink.  Nash has not been to a restaurant since he was a little baby & I was not sure how he'd do.  He did a lot better than I thought he would.  I think wearing him out at the dog park first helped.  At the very end he did get out of his harness but he just kindly walked over to someone else so they could pet him & let me pick him up without a fight.  He did pee on me after that... and then like a racehorse on the deck.  It was about then that we decided to call it quits & go home.  I went to go take a nap & Nash was still so exhausted that he barely made it in the door before taking a nap in the living room... he couldn't even make it into the bedroom to nap.

Later that night I met up with Raeann at Cowboys.  We try to get there before 8 so we can get in for free but the place doesn't really get busy until 9:30 or later so we talked there for a little bit & then went to Chili's for supper & to kill sometime.  It's not pictured but I had an amazing watermelon cooler.  (The drink above is from BoomerJacks & it was also amazing.)  Surprisingly Trey met up with us at Chili's & even more surprising he went to Cowboys with us.  We have been trying to get him to go with us since we started going back in July/August.

Raeann wound up leaving fairly early so Trey & I hung out there a bit longer & then bar hopped to Knockout Sports Bar (good service, terrible food) & then ended at Mother Truckers where we closed down the bar & then each headed home.

Saturday marked the end of my third 101 in 1001 list.  Wednesday I'll recap how poorly I did.

Sunday
Sunday was a slow day.  Nash was kind enough to let me sleep until about 8-8:30 since I didn't get home until 2:30 but then he was over it.  He wanted breakfast & needed to go out.  We got all of that taken care of & then I napped on the couch while he went back & forth between napping with me & judging people through the window.  He's great at that.

I watched lots of Friends, did a lesson on Yousician for guitar, eventually made it to the grocery store, & did some meal prep.  Since it's a short week & I have two games (which means 2 suppers are taken care of) I didn't buy a whole lot.  I bought stuff to make smoothies, Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza, & Bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts (recipe via Tiffany.)

I also went to cash in the change that I had been saving over the previous 1001 days.  I posted a picture of it on my Instagram story & asked for guesses.  They were all way under.  It wound up being way more than I expected it to be too.  For someone who never carries cash, I was impressed that I had managed to save up $131.70.  I used one of those Coinstar machines because I was too impatient to wait to find out if the bank I never use down here has a machine next weekend & really too impatient to wait until I go back to Minnesota in June.  Coinstar charges you almost 12% if you choose the cash option.  Your other two options are to donate it or get an e-gift card with no fee.  If I were a better person I would have donated it.  Instead I got an Amazon gift card for it.

I started my new 101 in 1001 list, & as suggested by Steph I broke it down into time frames.  I decided to break it down seasonally what I could do/needed to do in order to finish it on time.  I figure since I make seasonal goals anyway, that would help keep me on track, & it set my seasonal goals for the next couple of years.  Two birds, one stone.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the seasonal break down will be so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I broke it down, & right away, so now there won't be any question as to what I'm going to be doing & when.

      Delete
  2. Hiiiiii puppy! Weekends that are a good combo of fun, relaxation, and productivity are the best! Sorry about the softball game, but still sounds fun <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy and I are bringing seasonal goals back this summer... maybe we can help you with the 101 in 1001 list. ;) That drink from Boomer Jack's looks SO refreshing and tasty.

    ReplyDelete