Monday, August 14, 2017

Late Nights & Early Mornings

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  This week will be my last week of staff development & then next week the kids all come back to school!  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
Friday was a district wide day for staff development so I got to see Helen & Caleb during parts of the day rather than just people from my school.  While most of it seemed a little repetitive, I did get to spend 2 hours getting my Google classrooms & calendar set up.  Now I just need to spend this week getting the first week or 2 of lessons set up & in there.  After work I booked it home.  And by booked it home I actually mean I sat in traffic for an hour plus.  Once I got home I got changed, fed Nash, & let him run around for about a half hour before heading to Red River for dance lessons.  The cute boy from the previous week was there so he was my partner & then he hung out with Raeann &I again most of the night.  We all went to Waffle House for late night breakfast & then said our goodbyes.  Fingers crossed he's there the next 2 weeks as well because after that I won't be able to go for like a month & a half because of volleyball!

Saturday
I was so lazy on Saturday.  I woke up around 5 to let Nash out but then went back to bed until 7.  Around 8 we headed to his vet appointment for his last set of puppy shots.  Mr. Nash is now 4 months old & 16 pounds.  He's growing up so fast!  He was just 5 pounds when I got him not quite 2 months ago!  I instituted nap time twice throughout the day.  That evening I went to Helen & Caleb's for Fancy Dinner: Wine, Meat, & Cheese edition.  The meat & cheese part of fancy dinner is always my favorite part so I was over the moon when Steve decided to do a fancy dinner that was only meat & cheese.

Sunday
Since he hadn't been all weekend, & I'm planning on getting him fixed next weekend, I took Nash to the dog park in the morning.  He got to play for a good hour & a half before we headed home.  I was able to get a few errands done, (dishes, grocery shopping, Goodwill, & a little shopping for tax free weekend.)  Nash & I spent most of the day watching The Office while he napped near or on me.  At one point he curled up & napped on my lap.  I melted & just laid down because I didn't want to move him but couldn't go anywhere.  I pretty much just listened to The Office for an episode because I couldn't see from where I was laying.  That evening I met up with another Instagrammer!  We got coffee & talked about struggles with social media & the education field for about an hour & a half before heading home because it was after 8 & I had an early wake up time.

6 comments:

  1. Oooo cute boy at dance class - fingers crossed for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh lets hear more about the cute boy! Chanel is getting fixed next week and I cant say Im too happy about it. Shes a cat though so its necessary. They multiply like rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog naps are the bestest.
    YAY for meeting people IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nash is seriously the cutest!!! I love seeing him when I open Instagram! Who is this cute boy at dance huh??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nash is getting so big! Yay for the cute boy at Red River! Hope you are able to get to know him more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl's best friend! Sounds like a great weekend spent with the pup before back to school stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete