Monday, July 24, 2017

And Just Like That It's Over

Today, after a glorious 51 days off, I am back at work.  This week is just volleyball camp, & it's only a 4 day week, but it's still 4 days of setting my alarm for 5 am & driving to work which hasn't had to happen in months.  I'm not going to lie, yesterday was a sad day for me, especially the last half.  I am excited to see what this school year brings, especially being in a new district, but I am sad that my complete freedom is over.  My wallet is probably happy though.  I hope that y'all had a fantastic weekend & that Monday treats you well!  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
My friend from Colorado who had been in town for a few weeks left Friday evening so we met up one last time & got lunch at Cane's.  The first night he got into town we had supper at place near Cane's & he was so excited about being so close to one he told me he was going to be eating there as much as possible while he was in town.  I'm not sure how often he went but it seemed like a good last meal place.  The rest of the day I mostly hung out with Nash.

I met up with my friend Raeann that evening for a couple of different events, neither of which we actually attended... I had won tickets to a concert so that was going to be our first stop.  She had listened to the band before hand though & said the music was really weird so we were just going to go & claim our free drinks.  Parking wound up being $8 though so we decided it wasn't worth it & headed to Deep Ellum so we could eat & then be there for our second event of the night.  There was an event at RBC called All Things Blink.  Basically it was different  DJs playing Blink 182 songs & other bands similar to it.  We got there & there wasn't a ton of people & it was a $10 cash only cover so we bailed on the second event of the night.  Instead we wound up bar hopping all around Deep Ellum which was a lot more fun than either of our planned events probably would have been.

I got home around 2:30 that night & then lost my shit on my downstairs neighbors an hour later because of how loud they were partying.  I could not only hear & feel their music, I could also hear pretty much everything they were yelling at each other which included them coaching one of their friends on throwing up so he would feel better & then also them attempting to rap...  So I'm officially that old lady now because loud partying at 3:30 am does not work for me... especially when I know Nash is going to make me get up between 6-7.

Saturday
6.  He woke me up at 6.  So we went for a walk & then hung around inside because it has been hot as all get out.  About 3 I headed off to the wedding of one of my former athletes.  I never had her as a student but she played basketball & softball for me a couple of years ago.  In the 5 years of teaching I have under my belt so far she is definitely one of my favorites if not my favorite of all time.  She was so gorgeous & I definitely cried a time or two.  One of my former coworkers, who was also one of the girl's basketball & softball coaches, was there so it was nice to catch up with her as well.  I got home later than I had planned but still at a decent time.  When I woke up around 12:30 to my downstairs neighbors again I really thought I was going to have to go down there & give them a piece of my mind.  Luckily it didn't come to that & they were quiet again by 1.

Sunday
I.  Did.  Nothing.  First of all, it was yet again hot as hell.  Second of all, I knew it was my final day of freedom & I had gone out Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night so I needed a day to just be at home with Nash.  We went for a walk early in the morning, hung out inside all day playing fetch or napping & watching Netflix.  He napped, I watched Netflix.  I took him out for another long walk before playing a little more & then putting him to bed.  I put him to bed earlier than I intended but he was turning into a little psycho & I needed to get stuff finished for camp.  I also wound up staying up later than intended.  I planned on being in bed by 9 since my alarm was set for 5 am.  Yet here I am, it is now 9:31 & I'm just about to hit publish & then crawl into bed and pray that I fall asleep quickly because 5 am is going to come quickly....

5 comments:

  1. I would have totally lost it as well on the neighbors being so loud that late!! Good luck today! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear my upstairs neighbors have a party every weeknight and it drives me absolutely bonkers. I'm so glad I'm moving in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ready to go to bed last night at 5. Next weekend will be my designated lazy weekend. Too much happened last weekend and I'm drained and I hate that. It didn't help that I have a "goals" list (vs to do) that fills a full sheet of paper. House goals, to-do goals (to include reading books and puzzles, of course). I'm also hoping to accomplish a lot of these things before school starts because I'm anticipating have ZERO Megan time once it starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That vacation kinda flew by sheesh! I swear nash is the cutest. I did nothing on saturday, and not much on Sunday and finally had a very relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer break goes by SO fast!! What do you teach!? Hope you had a great first day back!

    ReplyDelete