Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Weekend

I hope that y'all had a fabulous Easter weekend!  I'll have a full recap of Houston on Wednesday so I don't want to say too much about that now, plus I'm exhausted so I'll give you the edited version.  I'm really wishing that like my other teacher friends that I was with last night, I also didn't have to go to work today.  On the bright side it is just staff development... Linking up with Biana!

Friday
Friday morning I set my alarm for 6:45, took a shower, packed up my stuff that I had been too tired/lazy to do the night before, & headed off to Houston.  There was a little hiccup in Dallas, have I ever mentioned how much I HATE driving in Dallas?  Because I do.  Being in Dallas, great.  Driving in Dallas, no.  Other than that though, it was smooth sailing.  I actually didn't stop the entire 4 hours.  I just wanted to get there & had no need to stop.  I met up with my friend Zach first & we had lunch and hung out for a couple of hours before I was off to my hotel to check in.  Then, I headed over to my friend Meg's house where we hung out until her husband got home to watch their baby.  We got ready & then headed out for the night.

Saturday
Saturday morning was slow going.  I wasn't hungover or anything because I hadn't drank a ton but I wasn't quite sure what I wanted for breakfast (which wound up being nothing & would cost me getting to eat crawfish later) & where I wanted to go didn't open until 9 anyway.  The not eating breakfast part was a poor choice but the not leaving until 9:30 was a good one.  The farmer's market in Tomball, where I used to live & am still obsessed with, opened at 9 but all the antique stores didn't open until 10 so I just hung out for a few minutes.  I thought about going to get breakfast tacos or something but I had such a prime spot & it was getting busy so I just stayed put.  

I looked through the stores, wanted to buy all the things, did not buy all the things, & then realized I was starving.  It was an awkward time & I still really wanted to go to "my" park plus eat crawfish.  I knew though that if I didn't eat I'd hate my life at the park & start to get really light-headed.  So I ate.  I ate more than I intended & then was off to my park.  I was going to hang out at the park until I thought I was hungry enough to eat at least some crawfish.  However, by like 1:30-2 I decided to call it quits & not wait around anymore because I still had a 4 hour drive home & knew I'd be stopping at Buc-ees too.  

I got home around 6:30, reluctantly went to the store just to get enough to make ranch pork chops for the week, put those in the crockpot, & pretty much did not move.  I moved some of the stuff I had had to remove from my cupboards Thursday back into the cupboards but not all of it.  I then pretty much passed out.

Sunday
Sunday was still fairly slow going.  Driving is exhausting y'all.  I still love it though.  I moved some more stuff back into the cupboards, attempted a nap, finally checked my mail, went to the store for the rest of my groceries, ate some chips and dip, read the few blogs I hadn't on Friday, & then headed off to Helen & Caleb's for fancy dinner.  This was the only picture I managed to take.  As always though there were 4 courses.  We ate, talked, & played some games.  I stayed later than intended considering I live 40 min away & still had to get up for work at 5 am today.  By about 10:30 I was home but not tired.  It was closer to 11:30-midnight before I finally fell asleep.

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about driving being exhausting - if there is even an ounce of traffic, I'm already dreading how much longer it'll take to get somewhere LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you guys, driving can't be exhausting but yet I love when I'm driving by myself and I turn off the radio really loud and just jam away. Glad you had a good weekend girlie, hope it's a great week can't wait for your Houston recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOOOOVE driving by myself with the windows down & the music way up.

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Dallas but I heard about the bad traffic before. I used to be able to skip breakfast and not get light-headed, but now it affects me more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bummer about the crawfish situation. I've definitely done that before! I hate driving in Dallas too (as in I avoid it when I can and make Chris do it, lol), so I get what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being on the open road, speeding and listening to music but I hate being stuck in traffic. I actually get bad road rage so I gave up having a car. haha..I prefer to walk or be driven. I say this as I drive every morning to work. I live nine miles from the city and it can take me anywhere from 20 mins to over two hours to get into the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of all the places I've driving, including the Middle East, Australia, Germany, and Scotland, DALLAS takes the cake for being the absolute WORSTTTTTTTTTTTTT. They should call it the Dallas-Fort Worst airport. Uuuuuuggghhh.

    I want to have 4 course dinners and game nights. Maybe I'll settle for dinner and games with neighbors.

    ReplyDelete