Monday, March 13, 2017

Tacos, Tattoos, & Tequila

I took basically no pictures this weekend.  I have a date set up tonight with the guy I went out with yesterday.  Of course I'm being a complete girl & praying that it actually still happens even though I have absolutely no reason to believe it won't.  Until then I'm just getting stuff done around the house because SPRING BREAK!  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
Friday was pretty much just a waste of a day at school.  It was the day before spring break & there was a pep rally at the end of the day so my classes spent all day watching Zootopia.  I had never seen it but it was on Netflix & that's what a coupld of other teachers in my department were going to show so I jumped on board.  I thought it was cute.  My kids HATED the sloths.  In each class they were like "OMG this part makes me so mad!"  Yeah, well that's how I feel dealing with y'all sometimes.  After work a couple of girls & I went out for happy hour at On The Border.  We shared a pitcher of margaritas, whined about school, and rejoyced that it was finally spring break.  I was supposed to have a date that night but I had cancelled it that morning because I just wasn't feeling it with that guy & had a date lined up for Sunday that I was way more excited about.  Instead I went home & watched Mad Men on Netflix.

Saturday
Saturday morning I got a couple of things done around the apartment.  A little after noon I headed out to get some tacos before my tattoo.  I went to El Come because I'm obsessed with their tacos.  This time I got chorizo, cow head, & veal brain.  Tattoo hater & one of his friends met me there & yes it was just as awkward as you're imagining.  They said if I wanted to hang out with them at the St. Patrick's Day stuff in Greenville after my tattoo to text them.  No thank you.  I got to the tattoo place insanely early so I sat in my car for awhile talking to the best friend on the phone.  Finally it was time to go in.  A little less than 2 hours later I was done!  I was ready for tattoo number 9 before he even started on number 8.  The addiction is real y'all.  I'm in love with it.  I think my next task though will be to get my first one, also kind of seen in this picture, redone.  I got it 6 years ago & it's in desperate need of being touched up.  After the tattoo I called Helen & Caleb to meet up with them.  We went to Mena's for some Mexican & margaritas.  It was really good!  After supper we went to The Line Bar to prove that we aren't old.  We had a couple of drinks & witnessed some really bad karaoke.  I felt like I was back in my hometown.  I was back at my place by 10-10:30 because we are in fact old.

Sunday
Around 11 I met up with my date at Cabela's.  From there we went to lunch at Hard Eight BBQ.  After lunch we didn't have a plan & the weather was gloomy so we went to a nearby  coffee show, The Brew Junkie, so we could hang out & talk some more.  After a little while there we headed back to Cabelas to get my car & went our separate ways.  He is so cute y'all.  Because I'm a girl & second guess everything I called the best friend when I was back on the road & whined to him.  He told me I just needed to be more assertive & if I wanted to see him again flat out tell him & make it happen.  None of this "well if you want to hang out again some time let me know..."  So I text him, said I wanted to see him again this week before my parents came into town this weekend, & we made a date.  We live almost an hour & a half apart so he said during the week was more difficult but we could make supper work one night.  He had driven an hour & I had driven a half hour to see him Sunday so it's only fair that we reversed it for our next date, especially since I'm on spring break & he's not.  He loves the show Lone Star Law so he told me I should watch it that night.  I don't have cable but I found a way to be able to watch it live anyway so I caught up on the 3 episodes that have already aired this season & then when the new one came on we texted a little while watching it.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your tat!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a great date tonight!! Just st be yourself pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm just over here being a girl lol. As soon as we're actually on the date it'll be fine...hopefully lol

      Delete
  2. Your new ink looks pretty! I remember getting excited about dates, awwww. Hopefully you guys will have a good second one :) I haven't seen Zootopia, do I need to see it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your second date goes just as well as your first! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah keep us posted about the date! Also, I love your tattoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the date went well!! That's exciting! Love that tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the date went well. Lone Star Law...I wonder if I get that here. I need to check it out if we do. Already mentioned on ig, but I love the new ink :)

    ReplyDelete