Friday, December 16, 2016

My Last Week In Texas Of 2016

Tomorrow morning, EARLY morning, I will be on a plane back to Minnesota for pretty much the rest of 2016.  I'll be back late on the 30th so that I can be in Texas for New Year's Eve but that's it.  I know we still have 2 weeks left of the year, but this past week has sort of been a tying up loose ends week.  I pretty much see anytime I go back to Minnesota as a suspension of reality anyway so this might as well be the end of my year.  Linking up with Amanda!

One

Like I mentioned on Monday I started Helene's Instagram for Success.  I plan on rewatching some of the videos over the next couple of weeks while I'm in Minnesota & have some down time but for now, having watched them once, & putting just a couple of things into action, I've already seen growth in both my followers & my engagement, especially in my engagement.  If you have any interest in growing your instagram account, whether it be for your blog, money, whatever, I HIGHLY suggest you sign up!  I promise you won't regret it.  You can click above to see why I joined as well as to sign up for her program.  You can also follow me on Instagram here if you don't already.

Two

Last Wednesday I had a job interview for a job that I was almost 100% was mine.  The next day I got an email saying that I didn't get it.  I was devastated.  It was the first time I had ever actually cried over not getting a job.  However, I decided to be proactive & applied for 3 more teaching positions as well as 3 non-teaching related internships.  2 of the teaching positions were just for long term subbing while the other was a permanent position.  

This past Tuesday I was told that the 2 long term positions had become permanent positions & my name was being passed along to administration.  That night I got a call from the school I had interviewed for saying a third position had opened up & they would like to offer me the position however it would only be for the remainder of the school year because next fall it would be attached to boys' coaching.  Not having a full time job lined up I accepted.  Wednesday morning I then got an email asking me to come in for an interview for one of the other districts.  

So, this morning I am interviewing for another teaching position.  I am REALLY hoping I get the one I interview for today.  First of all, the job has the possibility of going into the following school year whereas the one I accepted does not.  Second, I would get to work in the same district as Helen & Caleb again.  In Houston, Caleb & I worked at the same school in the same department which is how we all met & became friends.  His wife, Helen, worked at another school in the district.  If I get this position I will be working in the same district as both but this time the same school as Helen.  So, fingers crossed people!  Either way I have a full time teaching job for spring semester.

Three
I finally have all of my Christmas shopping done!  It only took me until 2 weeks before Christmas to get it done.  The final packages should be at my parents' house by the time I get there tomorrow so I can get them all wrapped up.  If you're still looking for any gift ideas for others, or heck even for yourself, I posted on Tuesday about unique gifts you could get from Uncommon Goods.  Some products may now be out of stock until after the new year but there are many things still available & you can have things shipped as soon as the next day.

Four
While I am back in Minnesota for two weeks one of my best friends will be leaving for a few months so since I had no sub jobs this week, we spent a couple of days hanging out, drinking beer, & eating good greasy food.  I am so so bad at goodbyes.  It doesn't matter if it's going to be for a month or a year, me & goodbye aren't good.  Even knowing that we can still talk all the time, I will cry without fail when saying goodbye to certain people.  On the bright side, we did get to have an awesome couple of days together before we both head off to do our own thing for a few weeks/months.

Five

I was reading blogs yesterday morning before heading out to a meeting & I instantly fell in love with Donna's post about what she's looking for in a future husband.  I wrote my own list back in 2013, as well as again in 2015, I even wrote a letter to the man I'm going to marry back in October, & while I stand by my list that I wrote last year, hers pretty much encompasses everything I'd like.  She mentions how when she wrote her lists that someone came into her life not much longer.  It wasn't until typing up this post that I realized the same happened to me.  I wrote my last list in August of 2015 & a month later I met CR.  Now of course for those of you that have read my blog over the past year, year & a half, you probably have absolutely no idea who CR is because he's not really mentioned anywhere on the blog.  Who you probably do know is Mr. Midwest, who we know from yesterday's post stopped being really anything early on in 2016.  CR came into my life just before Mr. Midwest but he's not on the blog for a couple of reasons, 1)I didn't want to potentially jinx anything by talking about him & 2)We have incredibly horrible timing.  He's still in my life & maybe, just maybe, we'll get our timing right someday.

8 comments:

  1. Hope your interview goes well girl!! And safe travels to MN! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! :) Sending you all the best vibes for the job offer you want. This whole job hunt thing is brutal but it sounds like an end might be in sight for you, even if it's just until the end of this school year! Safe travelling to Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for cold on Christmas and jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a job. Good luck with the other one! I hope everything works out with CR if it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crossing my fingers for you on the job, lady! I hope you have the best time with family in Minnesota. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Minnesota!! I totally relate about goodbyes--I used to bawl for hours when my bffl and I would have to split up after a visit. I'm slightly better now, haha. And that's a good idea to put the qualities you want in a guy out into the universe! I'm not so good at that whole "put it out into the universe" thing myself, but it does really seem to work for people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I almost forgot! Your Christmas card came today!! It's so cute, thank you!! :)

      Delete
    2. Glad you got the card! I'm usually pretty good within 15-20 min of no longer having that person in front of me anymore but up until that point I'm a mess.

      Delete