Monday, December 14, 2015

The Last One Before Winter Break

Friday

Friday after work I headed home & started catching up a couple of shows.  I got in about an episode & a half of Chicago Fire before it was time to head out.  I headed over to Emily's while she was finishing up getting ready & then we headed back to the school so we could watch the winter play, It's A Wonderful Life.  The kids did so great!  A few of my freshmen were in the play as well as our friend/coworker's daughter who is in elementary school.  Also, we're all friends with the theater director so we made sure to be there to support her on her first opening night as a director.  After the play was over we all agreed to meet out for a late dinner and some drinks.  Em & I beat the others there by nearly an hour but we were both so hungry that we couldn't wait any longer.  In our heads I think we were all planning on going out after dinner as well to continue drinking however it being a Friday night we all decided to call it quits & go home & go to bed.  We did still manage to make it until after midnight.

Saturday
I spent Saturday morning finishing catching up on all of my shows except for The Walking Dead which I hadn't even really started yet with the exception of the first episode.  I finished watching my shows in time to head back to the school once again to work a game at the boys' basketball tournament.  56 more days until basketball is over.  #IGotThis  After the tournament I headed of to Dallas to visit my friends for our monthly "fancy dinner"  This month was chocolate themed.  While we waited on the first course we had a bomb charcuterie board.  Our first course was root vegetables with a miso-chocolate sauce.  The main course was smoked cacao crusted ribs with smoked/grilled fennel.  Dessert was white chocolate panna cotta.  Having a friend that used to be a chef is flippin awesome y'all.  He's a teacher now but we do this once a month as a get together & just so he can try out new recipes.  After we all laid down in a mini food coma for awhile we decided to play some board games.  After playing Taikaido, Clue, & Cards Against Humanity we put on a crappy made for Netflix movie where we all passed out part way into it.

Sunday
Sunday was a very chill day.  I woke up & left Dallas around 7 in the morning.  When I got back to my apartment. after a Starbucks run, I decided I was going to tackle TWD & blog a bit.  I made it through episodes 2 & 3, and then 5 minutes into episode 4, before I needed a nap.  After my nap I decided I needed to be productive so I went to the grocery store to get stuff to make baked spaghetti & meatballs.  We'll see how it is.  I don't think I put enough sauce in it so it might be a little dry.  Nothing adding more sauce when I heat it up can't fix hopefully.  I have been obsessed with prosciutto lately so before I got home I stopped at Sprouts to pick some up.  That tray with olives, cheese, & prosciutto is the only reason I go to Sprouts.  I spent the rest of the day keeping up with football on my ESPN app, making the basked spaghetti, setting up an Instagram Photo 365 challenge (more to come on that), & wishing I had just one more day to my weekend.  5 more days until I'm back in Minnesota!

4 comments:

  1. Your friends dinner party looked so delicious!! Naps on Sunday's are the best...makes me wish I took one yesterday and you're so close to a two week break! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Definitley wish I had a friend who used ot be a chef ahah!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that dinner party looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous of your two week break. I wish I had one. haha As it is right now, my only day off is gonna be Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is truly a gourmet dinner! Love the fruit parfaits. Looks like a great weekend.
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete