Monday, December 7, 2015

The First One In December

I was so exhausted by the end of the day on Friday.  I felt like I hadn't slept in weeks.  The second I got home I crawled into bed & took a nap.  I woke up about an hour & a half later feeling so delirious.  I felt like I had slept for hours so when I saw that my clock said 5:30, I thought it was 5:30 on Saturday morning.  Then my phone said it was still Friday & I thought something was wrong with my phone.  Then I thought well damn it maybe it's Friday morning & I'm running late!  Finally I realized I had in fact come home & taken a nap after work & it was only 5:30 in the evening.  I went over to Emily's for some wine & Lifetime Christmas movies for awhile until we both decided that we should in fact go to bed for real.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling like crap so I decided to go into the minute clinic.  Turns out I had the start of a double ear infection.  Luckily they gave me meds & after taking those & another couple hour nap I felt great again.  Which was a good thing because from about 3-9 I had agreed to keep stats at the boys' basketball tournament my school was hosting.  After the tournament I rushed home, changed really quick, & then met some friends out for drinks.  Lesson of the night: fruity drinks are not my friend.  I'll be sticking to beer & whiskey when I'm out at the bar from now on.  We all had a lot of fun though & came really close to shutting down the bar before we called it quits.


I woke up on Sunday feeling like shit because fruity drinks are the devil.  My friend Chelsea had stayed at my place since we left first & then Abby & Emily stayed at Emily's across the parking lot.  When Chelsea finally woke up Emily came over with her dog Dolly & the 4 of us hung out in my bed for awhile longer before they headed off to get food & I decided to take a shower.  They made it out the door 2 seconds before my pizza rolls from the night before showed up again.  On the brightside I felt a ton better.  So I showered, got dressed, & headed down to Mr. Midwest's place where we watched football & napped most of the day before he decided to play video games & I watched Love Actually for the first time ever.  *pause for gasping*  Not going to lie, the ending was cute & all but I didn't love the all.  Most of the movie I contemplated turning the movie off.  Finally we ventured out for some food & ended the night with Nikita on Netflix.


  1. Oh a double ear infection sounds terrible. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

  2. Lifetime and xmas movies sounds amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

  3. Isn't that crazy when you wake up from a nap and you don't know what day and time it is...but it works out in your favor. lol

  4. Lifetime movies are the best. Naps are essential especially on the weekends. Hope you are feeling better double ear infections are no joke.

  5. Weekends with all the naps are for me!
    Love Actually is one of my faves, but I really like movies with several character lines and I enjoyed how they all eventually were linked together in Love Actually. And every time I'm in an airport, I think of the beginning/end scenes.
    My face "Christmas" movie is still The Family Stone. It makes me cry every time..