Thursday, November 12, 2015

Sh*t My Students Say Vol. 13

I have been going back & forth on this post for a long time.  I had every intention of having a post for this every 3 weeks just like I did last school year.  But then the first 3 weeks went by & I felt like I didn't really have anything, then the next 3 weeks, then the next...  Every once & awhile there has been a comment here or there where I think "I should write that down & bring SMSS back" but then I don't.  A big part of it is that I can't blog at work like I used to.  Well, I probably could if I changed the set up of my room, but as it stands right now, when I sit at my computer my back is to the kids & they can see everything on my computer.  It's also why I've become so terrible at reading/commenting on blogs.

I've decided I don't want SMSS to completely die because sometimes these kids really do have some gems.  However, I'm going to do it every 12 weeks since tomorrow marks the end of the first 12 weeks.  How is the school year 1/3 of the way done already??

Male Student: Miss!  *female student* is so mean!
Me: Is that so?
MS: Yeah, it's why I like her.

Random Student: Miss that was so wrong this morning that you made so & so stop making out.
Me: No what's wrong is making out in the lunch room.

Random Student: Hey! Aren't you the teacher that yelled at so & so to stop making out?
Me: *oh great here we go again* yes
RS: That. Was. AWESOME!

Female Student: Miss it's okay to be poor you just gotta look rich.
Me: Are you saying I look poor?
FS: Well not all the way poor...

Female Student: Miss you need to get out more
Female Student 2: Yeah, enough with staying home to eat grilled cheese & tomato soup...go out...meet a man


Female Student: Miss you got like Brazilian hair
Me: No I have white girl hair
FS: They need to make like white people horses
Me: Huh?
FS: You know for weave

My actual reaction...

**There were probably way more than this & I promise to do my best to keep up with them for the next 12 weeks.**

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you're bringing this back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you told them that you enjoy grilled cheese and tomato soup? Where did that come from? So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav blogs! "Not all the way poor."

    ReplyDelete