Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Mama

First & foremost it's my wonderful mama's birthday so happy birthday to her!

Friday
I met up with some college friends to go to a rodeo on Friday night.  (They man in blue is not a college friend...he's just a photo bomber.)  With the exception of Favorite Ginger who I had seen on Tuesday, I hadn't seen the other in at least 6 months.  We didn't actually see a ton of the rodeo because we were preoccupied with beer, awesome, bad for you, fair style food, & being ridiculous with each other.  It also started down pouring at one point which is when this picture was taken once we had taken refuge in the beer tent.  We stayed a little while after the rodeo to watch the band but they really weren't that good so we left to meet up at a bar.  We each had a drink, & more delicious, bad for you food, & listened to a much better performer.

Saturday

After leaving my friend's house around 10 am I decided I needed Caribou because I'm trying to get as much of it as possible while in Minnesota.  One of my favorite things ever happened.  It makes me instantly happy when I get up to the window to pay only to find out that the person in front of me has already paid for me.  I of course then paid for the person behind me.  With all of the anger and hate I've seen recently in the news & on social media, it made me extra happy.  When I got home my mom & I ran to Target & Walmart and then I passed out for about an hour when we got home.  I don't know what it is but I wake up between 5:30-7:30 everyday no matter what time I went to bed the night before.  I didn't go to bed until like 2:30-3 am & was up at 7:30...  That evening my mama, baby brother, & I all went to see Spy.  It was actually the second time I had seen it.  It's hilarious.  The cast is amazing & it made me fall in love with Jason Statham.

I should note that I was supposed to be in Iowa all day Saturday for a one day music festival seeing Eric Church, & others, but the day before it got cancelled due to flooding.  Despite having already seen him 4 times in the past I cried.  He is my favorite, I had been looking forward to it for months, & oh yeah...THAT week is this week...

Sunday
Sunday was a really chill day.  My mama & I watched a Say Yes To The Dress marathon, went grocery shopping, & watched A Country Wedding on Hallmark.  This is by far my least favorite week because all of these things, minus grocery shopping, made me cry.  When baby bro got home from work we made shrimp tacos for supper & then the three of us went to go see San Andreas.  I liked it.  Of course I sat in the theater crying during parts of it.  I mean it has some intense moments but tears were not warranted.  Give me a week & I'll be back to normal...

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mama! I would have cried too, stupid flooding, I'm so over this rain!! I want to see him soooooo bad! It just sucks when you're looking forward to something and then it doesn't happen! Bummer. Aww sweetie you just had an emotional week, we all do. This week will be better, I promise!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Mom!! Hope she has a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mama! I really want to go to a rodeo!! Jason Statham is one of my favorites, i was a little nervous of him being in a comedy but want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pay it forward thing at coffee shops, fast food restaurants, whatever. And like you say, after a week of non-stop fighting and bickering and nonsense, it was sure nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday to your mom!! Those shrimp tacos look so good! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a fun and eventful weekend! I hope this week is less emotional for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good say yes to the dress to marathon!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your mama!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so over girl week as well. YAY for being home, home!

    ReplyDelete