Wednesday, August 6, 2014

This Is How We Roll


As you read this I'm probably already drinking.  Today is my first full day at WeFest but we arrived last night & will be here until Sunday morning.  I still wanted to participate because hello this is my favorite link-up but I figured I'd make this one WeFest themed.  So I give you "Confessions of WeFest Gone By"

2009
While playing beer darts I accidentally hit this guy in the foot with a metal dart!  Thank God he was wearing shoes.  I haven't played since that year.

We thought we were hot shit being 20 years old & drinking openly in public because we had scored 21+ wristbands.

This is a double confession: I, Bri, used to take duck face pictures.  Also, I bawled my eyes out when Craig Morgan sang Love Remembers because my ex & I had broken up maybe a month or 2 before.

2010
I was pretty annoyed at all of my friends for coming up with BS reasons for not being able to go to WeFest.

2011
I missed the entire Brad Paisley concert because earlier I had tried to match someone shot for shot.  While my friends took pictures for me, and of me, I spent the entire set throwing up into a recycling bag right in the crowd...

One of my friends & I photographed this entire fight because obviously that's the logical thing to do when people are throwing punches right in front of you.

Same friend & I really wanted cheese curds one night but didn't have quite enough food tickets left & didn't want to have to buy a whole new sheet since it was our last night.  So we may or may not have gone around flashing people for tickets...  We did just try asking first but then people said no.  And we had every intention of stopping after we got enough but when the first guy says after you flash him "sorry I don't have any food tickets but here's $20" a light bulb goes off in your head that says "we could make some serious money/food tickets" and we did.  Between cash & food tickets we probably made about $40-50 without flashing that many people.
**Side note this is why guys are dumb...is flashing classy? No.  But if you're dumb enough to give me $20 just for lifting my shirt then I'm going to because I really don't care if you see my boobs for 5 seconds when I'm never going to see you again...or hell even if you are if you're giving me $20**


2012
I made out with my first younger guy the first night...3 years younger actually...I was trying to get that girl (my friend's younger sister) who was making out with some guy when his friend spun me around & said "don't worry she's fine" before kissing me.

A different day I made out with this Canadian (yeah yeah I had an eventful WeFest that year) but I didn't know how to make him go away!  My friend finally had to yell at him...he also left his Oakleys behind & we had no idea where he was or where he came from so I kept them...until I ran into my ex who had a friend who had lost his pair earlier in the day & gave them to him.

As far as I can remember this was the last time my ex & I hung out without it being super awkward...

2013
This was the first year I questioned if maybe I was getting too old for this shit.  I spent a better part of the first morning/day there laying in the tent because I was tired & felt like shit.

We convinced (or tried to convince) a ton of people that my friend was Randy Houser...it even worked on a few dumb girls which led to a conversation I woke up to in the tent next to me the following morning.
Dumb girl: you're not really Randy Houser are you...
Friend: No but wanna do it again anyway
DG: I gotta go...

(Because ya know...a famous musician just camps in a crappy tent in the middle of a field with a bunch of random people...)

#TeamHashtag was born & we left our mark on WeFest.













7 comments:

  1. hahaha oh my gosh i hope this wefest is just as eventful! lol have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it seems like you really have fun at this festival!!! Can't wait to hear your confessions from this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, I'm so curious to hear what happens this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun! I used to take duck face photos once too ... for about 5 minutes .. but it happened and is documented :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you always have a blast when you go! Great confessions ha ha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! i know that canadian guy!! LOL kidding. curious to know what happens this year.

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete