Monday, August 4, 2014

Lakes, Booze, & Sleep

Friday
Freshman Roommate is getting married in about a month & Friday was her bachelorette party.  Her parents have an RV on a lake in Southern Minnesota that we hung out at.  I got there around 5 pm & we spent the evening floating on the lake, eating, drinking, & laughing.  It was a lot of fun.  None of us got too crazy & we were all in bed before 1 am.  I definitely decided that that's the way I want to go someday...relaxing & on a lake.

Saturday
The party was actually Friday & Saturday but I had to leave Sunday morning so I could get back up north because my dad was actually home from work & my aunt & uncle from Florida are heading back soon.  We got in a good game of Cards Against Humanity & had some delicious Bloody Marys before I left around 10:30 in the morning.  What should've taken me under 4 hours turned into a 5 hour drive thanks to road construction.  At one point I called my mom (for the 2nd or 3rd time) & started crying because I was so tired and frustrated.  Oh, and I almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere.  Needless to say my day didn't start out all that awesome.  However, I finally got to my grandma's where I hung out with family & got a workout playing with Kickass Cousin's youngest kid....and a much needed Mikes...or 3.

Sunday
My dad had to head back to work early in the afternoon & my brother had to work so we all got up early to go out to breakfast for my dad's birthday.  After breakfast my brother headed off to work while the rest of us went back home to nap (poor kid).  It was such a chill day.  I did nothing.  It was perfect after having a busy Friday, long Saturday, & having WeFest coming up on Tuesday.



8 comments:

  1. cards against humanity is the BEST right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh the lake looks fun! Yay for weddings they make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Bachelorette party looked so chill and fun! Road construction is can be so frustrating--It's terrible in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relaxing on the lake looks like a blast! Road construction and delays have brought me to tears before too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! I'm having a lake bachelorette party too this weekend! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer construction is THE WORST! They're doing a bunch of it by our place right now... I've been tempted to ditch my car in the street and fucking WALK! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stopping by to say hey after seeing you featured on Operation Beautiful :) seems like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a great weekend! Lakes, booze and sleep are three of my FAVorite things!! :) Fun blog!

    Take care,
    Coral

    ReplyDelete