Thursday, June 26, 2014

There's Only A Year Left!

I know on Monday I said I'd maybe talk about Mr. Fireman today, but a)I don't quite know what I want to say yet because it has less to do with him & more to do with things I finally admitted out loud about myself & b)I realized on Tuesday that exactly 1 year from today my 2nd 101 in 1001 list will be complete...well my time will be up...the list definitely won't be finished ha.

I started this list a month into my first year of teaching & will be done with it about a month after my 3rd year of teaching is finished.  Even as I type this my first year of teaching seems so long ago & I still have another year of my list to go...1001 days is a REALLY long time.  So much changes in so many different aspects of life in that amount of time.

If you have a Day Zero Project account & care to follow me you may do so here.

So, a little for you, & a lot for me, here's where I'm at with my list:

Completed (18)
1. Begin list of 101 things to do in 1001 Days
12. Pay for someone behind me in a drive through
13. Visit 5 more states
16. Participate in the Warrior Dash
24. Answer the 50 questions that will free your mind
25. Take at least 1 road trip
34. Own a pair of Justin boots
44. Attend Aldine Senior HS 2014 graduation (the kids I student taught)
52. Go to at least 3 concerts
59. Run a 5k
60. Give up pop for a month
62. Leave a note in a book
63. Go one month without fast food
68. Participate in the Color Run
70. Give 100% Tip
71. Read 5 Autobiographies
78. Try geocaching (although it was an accident)
80. Go skinny dipping

In Progress (17)
4. Complete Project 365 2014 (briannemcc #FMSPhotoADay)
7. Complete 50 Book Challenge 2014 (7/50)
8. Complete A-Z Book Challenge (14/26)
31. Have 30% of my student loans paid off
37. Donate blood 3 times (2/3)
45. Go to a rodeo once a year (I've been to multiple each year)
50. Complete A-Z Movie Challenge (14/26)
53. Complete a coloring book (I have multiple started)
61. Blog weekly
67. Complete 5 projects on my Pinterest DIY board (3/5 Nailed It!)
69. Complete A-Z Travel Challenge (9/26)
76. Get 1000 followers on my main twitter account (779/1000)
86. Read all Nicholas Sparks books (8/18)
88. Complete TX Bucket List (18/53)
90. Stop biting my nails (the struggle is real y'all)
92. Have a college meet up once a year
99. Get a library card & use it (I just signed up for one)

Failed (21)
2. Workout at least once a week
3. Complete Project 365 2013
5. Complete 50 Book Challenge 2012
6. Complete 50 Book Challenge 2013
9. Keep a handwritten diary & write in in every day for a year
19. Create a monthly budget & stick to it
26. Go all out for my 25th birthday
30. Go to church at least once a month
32. Create weekly meal plans
35. Watch a new movie once a month
36. Volunteer once a month
38. Have a student teaching meet up once a year
39. Have a SST meet-up once a year
40. Cook everyday for a year with a crockpot
41. Cook a meal a day with Rachel Ray for a year
48. Drink 48 oz of water daily
49. Buy a truck or Challenger
57. Have someone to kiss every year on NYE
85. Watch the sunrise weekly
89. Get a teaching job in MN
101. Photograph the same spot once a month for a year

Haven't Even Started (45)
10. Get engaged
11. Get married
14. Participate in Relay for Life
15. Participate in Susan G Komen Race for a Cure
17. Go camping at least 4 times
18. Donate $1 to charity for every failed goal
20. Throw a dart at a map & go
21. Do a boudoir shoot
22. Travel to DC
23. Travel to Europe
27. Get on a cleaning schedule
28. Go to NYC
29. See a play
33. Visit 2 National Parks
42. Visit LA
43. Visit Philadelphia
46. Visit Canada
47. Visit Mexico
51. Sleep in the bed of a truck under the stars
54. Go to 15 pro baseball games
55. Watch the sunrise & sunset in the same day
56. See a pro baseball game in 3 new ballparks
58. Buy a fancy camera
64. See Josh Abbott Band in concert
65. Own a pair of Tony Lama boots
66. Own a pair of Toms shoes
72. Tie a note to a balloon & let it go
73. Learn how to swim (For the record I can if I know I can touch the bottom...it's more of a learn how to tread water & not panic in deep water)
74. Learn Spanish
75. Learn to drive a stick shift
77. Learn 5 sogns on the guitar
79. Do a scavenger hunt
81. Be a Maid of Honor
82. Complete A-Z photo challenge
83. Get Facebook photos into phyiscal albums
84. Go to a drive-in movie
87. Be a part of a flash mob
91. Stay off Facebook for a week
93. Have my name carved in a tree
94. Complete the 100 Snapshots Challenge
95. Go to a Comedy Club
97. Open up a cookbook randomly & make that recipe
98. Don't swear for a week
100. Have at least 1 kid (almost made this a fail because unless I accidentally get knocked up within the next 3 months that's not happening)

Almost half of them haven't even been attempted yet...also, where did I think I was going to get all of this money/time to travel?!  Europe, Canada, Mexico, NYC, DC, LA, & Philly.  I definitely aimed high with those choices...23 year old me was also pretty optimistic on the love front apparently considering I hadn't even been on a single date in almost 2 years at that point.

5 comments:

  1. You've done a good amount, though! These lists always scare me because like you said, it is such a long time that there's no way of knowing what would be realistic by the time it's done. And there are several on there you could still do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous list! you've done so much, who cares about the things you haven't. things like love can't be rushed or put on a timeline, it'll happen when it will, and if it doesn't who cares. i have a bunch of travel on my list too, clearly i think i'm made of money and time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that what you've accomplished so far is pretty impressive! You can always give yourself a time extension for the goals you haven't met yet. :) One of the things I wanted to do this year was to go to Costa Rica, but I don't think that is going to happen by December.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man oh man, quite the list you have going! I've never heard of Day zero, may have to start one of my own :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. Came back and literally LOL'ing at #100 :)

    ReplyDelete