Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I Gotta Get This Off My Chest


Alright I'm linking up this time because apparently I have a lot I need to get off my chest.  Some may be rants some may just be random thoughts...  (It's currently the previous Thursday BTW...I'm just going to rant daily until it's time for the post to launch...)

1. I mentioned this not too long ago but I am SICK & TIRED of people asking the current status of me & Mr. Fireman.  I changed my profile picture to a picture of us & yes, I've been spending the night more than normal.  However, it's not the nosy people of Facebook asking...it's my closest friends...who ask on a near weekly basis.  I assure you when there is a significant change (positive or negative) I will tell you... until then STOP ASKING! We're content not being labeled right now.

2. While ranting that last one I forgot the other 2 I came here to add...

3a. When I am busy & can't check Bloglovin for a day or more, I get stressed out when I finally do have time to check it & it says 20+ unread blogs.

3b. When it does say 20+ I don't read all of them (sorry...it's too overwhelming to read & comment on 20+ blogs in one sitting as well as tend to other social media & my own blog) I pick & choose the posts that seem the most interesting & the few that I'm loyal to.

3c. This was never a problem until my work decided to block Bloglovin on our network (along with the other million sites that are blocked).  If I want to spend my 1.5 hour off period catching up on blogs why do you care?  Especially when there are 100s of game sites available to both me & students.

4. I have had a post launched every single day since January 23.  That's almost 3 weeks straight of daily posts.  That is a BIG deal for me considering not that long ago the only things being posted were (Sunday Social, Weekend Recap, & Friday Five/Happies Crappies).

5. I sat at Starbucks for over 2 hours to figure out if my laptop just sucked or if my internet did.  My phone would stay consistently connected to my home internet but my computer would go in & out of connection constantly (turns out it's the internet...so on the brightside I get to keep my ghetto laptop & don't have to shell out 100s of dollars for a new one...on the flip side I am paying for crappy internet)

6a. I get a little peeved when Mr. Fireman & I don't talk for a couple of days mostly because it's so rare...as a matter of fact since we first started talking (with the exception of the month after we broke up) we have talked everyday.  So even though I know it's because he's busy and/or stressed I still get all girly & upset.

6b. The second he tells me about his past 2 days (being at work Friday & trying to fix his truck, failing at fixing his truck, cutting his hand while doing so, & trying to get his brother to get his shit together so that he can move out & Mr. Fireman can have his house to himself again) I feel bad for even being remotely upset.

7. On Saturday morning I almost deleted all of this after seeing Liz Murray speak.  Instead I decided that regardless of the fact that life is better when you focus on the positive...the good is that much better when you've had to deal with the bad.

8. I would be willing to wake up earlier than necessary everyday if it meant that I got to wake up next to Mr. Fireman & have him kiss me goodbye before he/we rush off to work.

9. I have been doing everything in my power to win BBQ cook off tickets for the Houston Rodeo from a local radio station.  So far I have been caller 13, 63, 76, 83, & 95 but never 103...

10. Comcast has been pissing me off beyond reason lately (See #2).  Awhile back my internet would start cutting out every once & awhile.  A little over a week ago it started doing it daily...but it's always in the evening.  Starting around 6 pm it'll go in & out of connection.  I already called once & got a credit towards my next bill but I'm going to have to call again & have something done about this. (I'm currently waiting on my internet to connect again so I can even hit schedule...)

8 comments:

  1. i hate to be the bearer of bad news but those annoying questions will NEVER stop. first, it's that, then it's when are you getting married, then it's when are you having kids and it never ends. it's too bad that "STFU" isn't an acceptable answer.

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am equally as unexcited for those questions to begin. I feel bad even asking people if they've picked a wedding date after they've gotten engaged. I definitely wish I could just yell STFU to people on a regular basis.

      Delete
  2. Comcast is pretty much the top of my shiz list (that and the insurance co.)! You just keep after them.
    Why the heck is Bloglovin' restricted?! We have some websites that are restricted and it pops up why, my favorite is "this site (Lamebook) is tasteless"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I like that explanation! It's restricted due to "potentially adult content/it being social media" Yet here I am on blogger...

      Delete
  3. I don't think the questions ever end. I usually say When I know, you will know. I get ansty when my Bloglovin is over 200+ so i know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've started telling people. So far it seems to be helping at least a little.

      Delete
  4. LOL my bloglovin starts at like 30 every day. And I have a bunch of blogs I follow on blogger, too. I need to stop but who do you cut? It's hard to be cutthroat and there is a lot of good stuff out there!

    (Also did you know your comment replies don't get emailed to people? I am hating that our conversations are so one-sided which is why I'm a pain in the ass who tells you these things!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude no. I totally appreciate it. I'm on the verge of just giving someone my password & having them fix it for me because no matter how many times I do it...it never seems to stick, or work, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong...

      Delete