Monday, February 17, 2014

Hill Country Weekend


Technically I'm still on my weekend & I'm about to head out the door for Mr. Fireman's so we can watch yesterday's episode of The Walking Dead & make supper.  I just wanted to get this posted before I completely forgot.  I'll try to have a post soon with a more detailed recap of my weekend (or at least more pictures) & I'll try to catch up on blogs tomorrow after work.  Until then here's a brief preview of my weekend.

Friday
-My parents arrived from Minnesota just about in time for supper so we headed out to a little place that Mr. Fireman introduced me to about a week ago.  The food is good but it's a small enough place where I figured it wouldn't be too busy considering that not only was it a Friday night but also Valentine's Day.

Saturday
-Saturday morning my parents & I headed west for San Marcos.  We ate lunch in the neighborhood around Texas State & then checked into our hotel.  We went hiking for awhile & then headed back to the hotel to get ready for supper.  We ate some of the best BBQ I've ever had...seriously that brisket...to die for!

Sunday
-Sunday we headed south to check out a cave & then north to check out a state park.  We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel & I had the fried chicken livers.  I had been craving them!  We had a late lunch & it was really late when we got back to the hotel so we didn't even bother to go out to eat for supper.

Sorry this is such a lame post & its mostly food related but a)I want to give you more details/pictures in a separate post & b)I really need to be heading out the door so that I can go cook supper.  Steak & loaded baked potatoes for the win!  (Go figure this posts ends on a food note...)


No comments:

Post a Comment