Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 2: Pensacola to Savannah, GA

On the morning of June 14th we packed up & headed from Pensacola, FL to Savannah, GA.  Basically my Florida experience consisted of a night in Pensacola & a drive across the panhandle.  I would definitely like to go back to Florida to explore other spots for longer than a night.  Next stop was Georgia though to which I've been to a couple of times & holds a special place in my heart.  Like Texas, I have an unexplained love of Georgia.  Previously I had been to Columbus (Fort Benning), Atlanta, & driven around back roads/small town GA.  I had never seen the Atlantic before though & wanted to see Savannah.
 
Dinner at the crab shack!  Seriously one of the coolest places I have ever been to in my life...you're about to see why.
 
That's me, feeding an alligator, NBD.  I had just gotten off the phone with the fireman before heading off to dinner where I had told him "I really hope I get to see an alligator while I'm here!"  We show up at the restaurant & the girl says to me "Do you wanna feed an alligator?" Umm don't have to ask me twice!

Not the guy I was feeding but another alligator at the restaurant.

The cool area where all the gators were to feed.

A view from our table at the Crab Shack on Tybee Island, GA

These lights were at the restaurant.  I am in love with them.  I want to will make them for my future backyard!

These 2 were hanging around the restaurant.  They were really goo though.  They just sat there or wandered around they didn't try to get on tables or hang around people waiting for food.
 
I don't have any pictures on my computer of the food but my mom & I shared a seafood boil platter.  It was so delicious.  There was crab legs, oysters, crawfish, sausage, potatoes, corn, shrimp...SO GOOD!
 
After dinner we headed back to the hotel so we could get another nights rest before heading out on day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment