Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 1: Houston, TX - Pensacola, FL

On June 12th, my mom flew into Houston so that we could head out the next morning on a 5 day, 15 state road trip from Texas to Minnesota.  I love road trips & I love seeing new places.  So while, a straight shot from TX-MN through OK, KS, MO, & IA is more logical, this was much more exciting.  Plus, in doing so I was able to cross off 2 more things on my 101 in 1001 list (see 5 more states, I saw 6, & go on a road trip.)
 
On the first day we left Houston & aimed for Pensacola, Florida.  I had never been to Florida before which is the only real reason that Pensacola made the trip list.  To get there we had to cross Louisiana, Mississippi, & Alabama, all of which I had been to before.  Normally I take pictures like a crazy person but my mom sort of frowns upon taking pictures while driving & we didn't really stop all that much.
 

Crossing the bridge from Pensacola to Pensacola Beach to eat dinner.
**Sorry mom, sometimes you just gotta snap & drive!**


View of the Gulf of Mexico from the hotel restaurant we ate at.


A cool little tiki bar at the restaurant.
**This would have been a totally sweet place to stay had it not been $215/night!**


Quite possibly the biggest burger I've ever had in my life.  It was SO good & those tots?! AMAZING!  Unfortunately? I didn't finish it all.  Seriously I couldn't get my mouth on the whole thing. 
**It was a build your own so I had mushrooms, bacon, avocado, & fried egg on mine.**


A cool ferris wheel across from the place we ate.  Had it not been dark I would've loved to go up there & take pictures.
 
The problem with road trips on a timeline is you don't always get to do a ton of sight seeing.  We got to Pensacola, dropped our stuff off at the hotel, went to dinner, & then went back to go to bed so we could head out the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment