Friday, February 1, 2013

A Month Without Chips OR Candy

First, I would just like to say that later on down the road "no sweets" is going to pop up so I defined candy as "packaged candy" aka M&Ms, Skittles, Twix, Sour Patch Kids, etc.  Second, I don't eat a ton of candy so I didn't really think that one would be a problem.  Chips however, I initially didn't think would be a big problem as I had stopped buying chips to have in the apartment quite awhile ago.  Then, I realized how much my friends & I go out for Mexican...free chips & salsa anyone?!  So how did I do?

1 - Success.  I got Subway for lunch & came so close to getting chips with my sub.  I honestly didn't even think about it, it wasn't even remembering that I was doing the challenge that stopped me.  It was knowing that I already had hot chocolate in the truck so just buying a bag of chips to go with it was dumb.

7 - Mini fail.  I ate one of those tiny candy canes & honestly didn't realize what I did until I almost did the same thing the next day.

11 - Major fail.  I went out to eat & when my friend asked if I wanted chips & queso I said no but then said screw it when I realized I had ordered spinach & artichoke dip...CHIPS galore!

12 - Mini fail.  I ate a little square of chocolate...& it wasn't even good.

24 - Mini fail.  I ate one of those tiny bags of fritos.  I didn't think about it until after the first one was in my mouth.  But honestly I was starving because I hadn't eaten much for lunch & had a 2 hour wait before supper so I still would've eaten them anyway.

26 - SOB!  I didn't event think!  I got nachos when I went to BINGO.  On the bright side they were SUPER soggy so I only ate like 2 because they were disgusting.

29 - I hate 5 chips...entirely on purpose but I was at a soccer game & my fav student had nachos...

31 - I ate 2 warheads...once again I knew exactly what I was doing but a girl in my class had a bag & I couldn't resist.

...I did way better with the no fast food.  DAMN CHIPS!  February is no midnight snacks...consider that a walk in the park seeing as I'm usually in bed by 9 Sun-Thur & even on Fri & Sat I don't usually eat after dinner.

1 comment:

  1. i consider this a success, great job. midnight snacks are the devil for me! p.s. new blog look!

    ReplyDelete