Friday, November 23, 2012

The Date

Just over 2 weeks ago I went on my very first real date.  Here's what went down.

Saturday November 3: I went out dancing with my friends, like we do practically every Saturday.  I was coming back from getting a drink when a guy asked my friend to dance.  She comes back & says that he's really good & that I should dance with him.  Another girl kept asking him to dance so when he happened to walk by one time I stopped him & asked him to dance.  I am not a great dancer.  If I'm two-stepping with someone who is really good, I look good, otherwise I look like a hot mess.  Turns out the song I asked him to dance to was not a great first dance song.  The song ended, I went back to my friends, & he went back to his.  He came by later though & asked me to dance again where we ended up dancing & talking all night long.  He asked me if I would like to go out to dinner with him sometime, I said yes, we exchanged numbers.

Sunday November 4: We text a little off & on throughout the day.  He called me that night & we talked on the phone for 45 minutes.

Monday November 5: We text off & on again throughout the day.

Tuesday November 6: We text again a little.

Wednesday November 7: I text him to make sure we were still on.  He said he had a play to go to for a friend's daughter but he'd be ready by 8.

Thursday November 8: I text him again to see what the actual plan was.  He called me & we talked for probably 15-20 minutes & had a plan.  We would meet at a Mexican place around 8:30.  So we meet up.  I wasn't nervous at all, until I got to the restaurant of course.  I had work the next morning so we both agreed that we'd do dinner & that would be that.  We were there for about an hour.  It wasn't terrible.  It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible.  We talked & ate.  I had already eaten a little because normally I go to bed by 9 so I had been starving earlier.  We shared beef & shrimp fajitas.  From the beginning of the hour to the end of the hour the conversation went from him saying we should do stuff to I should do stuff.  I was slightly annoyed by his playing on his phone even if it was to show me pictures & a video.  We walked out to our cars, he asked for a hug, we left.  I text him when I got home & thanked him again and told him that I hoped he had a good time.  He responded with something along the lines of you're welcome, I see you made it home, goodnight.  I knew for sure right then & there that there wouldn't be a 2nd date but I had to be a girl about it.  I responded again with something like I'm sorry but I'm going to be insecure for a moment: good time? bad time?  He said that he liked who I was but there wasn't a spark. ... He was right.  I laughed & said thanks for being honest.  

I really am glad that he was honest too because I would have let myself got swept away if he had gone along with it.  My only real question, which I'll never know cause I'm certainly not about to try talking to him again, where in that hour did things start going south?  How did it go from talking everyday & having good conversation...even at dinner for a little while to where he kept telling me all of these things we would need to do together to all of a sudden him coming up with things that I should do with my friends?

Oh well.  My first date ever is over with & it wasn't a total mess.

That new guy?

Saturday November 10: A ton of us went out dancing, again.  I finally got my friend to get a boy to come out so I could meet him.  Long story short: we hooked up, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment