Saturday, September 1, 2012

Goodbye August! Hello September!

It is officially September.  I can't believe how fast August went.  I've been in my apartment for almost a month now & go figure I still don't have everything unpacked.  In my defense it's because I can't afford furniture right now to put everything away.

August was quite the month, I went to WeFest, which apparently I never blogged about??  I had the time of my life.  It is my absolute favorite thing about summer.  *Note to self, try to remember to blog about it*  I also made the move down to Texas once again.  It has been insanely hot down here.  Some days it's even too hot for me & I love the heat.  The school year started & I sat through 2 weeks worth of staff development which was surprisingly exhausting considering I just sat around all day.  I just finished my first week of actual class yesterday.  It had it's ups & downs.  I'm already behind on grading, I have a class that won't shut up, I also need to start planning on more to fill the class period.  It does seem like the kids have been learning though and most of my classes are well behaved.

So far there isn't a ton planned for September.  A lot of class, a couple staff development days, along with occasional meetings during the week.  I'm sure we'll find something fun to do most weekends if not all of them.  I would really like to go see Eric Church on the 21 but there's the whole I'm still kind of poor & it may very well be sold out already.  My very first 101 in 1001 challenge, which I started back on Jan 1, 2012, comes to an end at the end of the month & my new one begins.  I am so excited to start my new one.  I've basically thrown in the towel on my old one.  I am also going to start a monthly photo challenge this month.

September's must take photos: Football game, Tailgate party, Fishing, Sweaters, Apple-Picking, Fresh Cookies, Leaves, Grandparents, School Bus, Car Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment