Thursday, August 30, 2012

Josh Abbott Band

Yesterday I got to meet the Josh Abbott Band!  They are my favorite band!  A local radio station, 100.3 KILT, was having a text in contest to see them in studio.  Of course I participated at every chance I had.  The day I won I didn't even think I did.  I sent literally 80 texts in a row when I got the kick back message that says "sorry we have a winner".  A little while I got a call from a number I didn't know so I didn't answer it.  It was the radio station!  I won!  Luckily I checked my voice mail right away & called them back.  I got to bring a guest so I brought a friend that I work with.  The show started at 7 & they said they would start letting people in at 6.  I wasn't taking any chances so after my meeting after work we headed to Subway to grab a bite to eat before heading to the studio.  Once we finally found the right place it was almost 6 exactly. We got upstairs and managed to be 5th & 6th in line.  That meant that when we got into the studio we got front row.  During the show we got free margaritas courtesy of Republic Tequila.  Post show we got to take pictures with the band & an autographed poster.  I was in heaven the entire time.  Seeing them in concert was on my bucket list, getting to see them in studio & meet them...way better than I ever could have imagined.


Waiting to get into the studio


Waiting for JAB


No zoom


The pass


Cell phone pic no zoom


JAB


JAB


JAB


JAB


Autographed poster


We're on the far left


I have the light hair & ponytail


Laughing at something they said


OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment