Saturday, November 26, 2011

Six Weeks & 220 Blog Posts Later...

Remember me??  Once again I've become a terrible blogger.  Even my photo blog, which I was posting in religiously every Sunday has taken a month & a half hiatus.  I rarely even have time to take pictures anymore.  So what have I been doing?  A whole lotta work/school.  Since October 26th my schedule has been:
Student Teaching M-F 9-11:30
Class M,W,TH 1-3 or 5-7
Work about 30 hours a week.

Needless to say I'm rarely home.  The time between teaching, class, & work is spent on the road.  My poor car has managed to get 3000 miles on it in about a month.

Don't get me wrong I have had some fun in there since I last posted.

  • I had TWO birthday parties in October.  (Both for me).  One of which I got my first ever ride in a limo!
  • I of course celebrated Halloween.
  • I went deer hunting again for the first time in about a decade (I sadly didn't get anything).
  • I got to see a bunch of people from high school the night before Thanksgiving.
  • I had an amazing Thanksgiving.
  • I get a SECOND Thanksgiving today as well as get to celebrate my favorite cousin's 25th birthday tonight.
I also found 3 people to live with when I move to Texas!  They all go to school in Indiana and are going down to Texas for the same Student Teaching program that I am in.  We also finally found a place to live.  It seems amazing & the people seem nice even though I won't be able to verify this until I actually arrive.  I also got placed at a school.  I will be teaching World History at the senior high level.  I don't know exactly what grade but the school is only 10-12 grade.  I am so excited & so nervous.  I leave in 37 days!  It's so soon!

Since October 26th I have been teaching 6th grade ancient world history.  At first I was nervous to have 6th graders because they are at the bottom of what I can teach, 5th-12th, & because I remember how my grade was as 6th graders.  I love these kids so much though.  They are so fun & so well behaved.  They are still so excited to learn.  I only have 9 days left with them & I am going to miss them so much.

1 comment: