Thursday, September 1, 2011

The End of Summer & The Great Minnesota Get Together

I love summer.  It is by far my favorite season.  Don't get me wrong I can find something I love about each of the seasons, well winter might be a little tough, but summer is just perfection.  There is a freedom to summer.  But as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end."  I don't know that I agree with that but that is neither here nor there. 


Yesterday was August 31st which means that summer is officially over.  August was definitely the busiest of my summer months.  When looking at my planner there are only 6 days that managed to remain empty.  There wasn't a single weekend this month that I didn't have something going on.  Which if I'm being honest, I really measure time by weekends.  The first weekend was WeFest, the second I was at a family reunion, the third was move-in weekend, and this past weekend I went to the Minnesota State Fair.


I love have a slight obsession with the state fair.  This year I went with my family.  We haven't gone as a family in years.  I was definitely in high school the last time we went as a family and I'm thinking prior to my senior year.  We ate lots of food.  Pronto Pups, Turkey Legs, Gyros, Deep Fried Candy Bars, Deep Fried Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Covered Bacon, Cheese Curds, and of course Sweet Martha's Cookies.  Don't worry we didn't each eat all of that.


We checked out all of the animals.  I love seeing all the animals.  I got to pet a little brown lamb and a beautiful gray horse.  I definitely loved seeing the piglets.  I would seriously love to have a little farm someday.  I love farm animals so much.  I also got to pet a sheep that had recently been shaved.  It felt exactly like the inside of a sweatshirt haha.

My favorite part of the fair though?  Definitely the people watching.  I could seriously spend the whole day at the fair just watching people.  I didn't take any pictures of people, I thought I'd be nice.  There are definitely some characters that make it out to the Great Minnesota Get Together though.  As we were leaving the fair though we passed by some karoke.  So I will leave you with a breif clip of a father, son, & daughter singing some Spice Girls.  Yep, that's right, the Spice Girls.  They had me dying of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment