Monday, June 27, 2011

A Little Bit of This A Little Bit of That

Having incredibly slow internet, that sometimes doesn't even work, has put a major cramp in my blogging style.  Although honestly, it's not like I blog a ton anyway, but when I have something to blog about I would like to be able to blog about it.  No Hardees parking lot for me today though.  I'm back in St. Cloud and sitting at Caribou.  I severly under used Caribou in the 3 years that I lived here.  But anyway, that is not what I came here to blog about.  I came here to blog about:
-The first day of summer
-My trip to the zoo
-The Buffalo Rodeo

The First Day of Summer - June 21st, 2011
According to the calendar, Tuesday was the first offical day of summer.  Mother nature on the other hand, she didn't seem to agree.  It was cold, it was rainy, it was windy.  By all accounts you would have thought spring had just begun, not summer.  The next couple of days, which would include today, haven't been much better.  It's still cold and windy, there's even still some rain off and on.  I want my summer.  According to KARE 11, a local news station, I deserve my summer.  For putting up with such a harsh winter I deserve an awesome summer.  I sure wish mother nature would just get on board already.  Here are some pictures that I took on Tuesday.  The high this year was 64 by the way.  Last year?  77.


The Minnesota Zoo - June 20th, 2011
I absolutely adore the zoo.  I try to make it a point to visit the zoo wherever I can.  I have been to all three zoos in MN (MN, Como, Superior), St. Louis, Omaha, & Amarillo.  I've very excited to visit the one in Houston when I move down there as well.  Anyway, on June 20th, my cousin & I took her two kids to the zoo.  I had been dying to go and all of my friends are "too old" or too far away to go.  So I thought hey, kids like the zoo & invited them to go with me.  Her son is almost 4 and he loved it.  Her daughter is not quite 5 months old so really could have cared less about the fact that we were at the zoo but she was a happy baby none the less.  We managed to visit all of the exhibts (well by the time we got to the barnyard it was closing time so the tractor brought us back -- but we made it there ha).  I took lots of pictures but here is just a couple of them.



The Buffalo Rodeo - June 24th, 2011
One of my old roommates & I went to the Buffalo Rodeo.  It was the first time I had ever been to that rodeo and the first time I had been to a rodeo in probably 10 years or more.  I was estatic to say the least.  What's not to love about cowboys in action?  It was a ton of fun & I would really like to go to more this summer if possible.  Here are a few of the pictures that I took.






No comments:

Post a Comment