Sunday, January 30, 2011

The 50 Book Challenge

First of all, I have given up on "My Life in Pictures".  I looked at some of the future promps, didn't know quite what to pick, and got bored with it.  I have multiple blogs that I try to keep up with (one that already requires daily attention & one that requires at least weekly attention) to try to do something daily on this blog as well, especially when I ended up not finding it all that exciting is a bust.

Anyway, I am once again attempting to complete the 50 Book Challenge.  It's something that I tried last year & failed miserably at.  It's one of my 101 in 1001 goals.  Perhaps I will fail again miserably this year but as of right now I'm rockin it.  The goal is to read 50 books in 1 year which is essentially a book a week with a little wiggle room.  I just finished book 5 and am about to start the 6th one after I finish this blog post.  That means as of right now I am AHEAD of schedule!  I am keeping track of my books on Shelfari.  Last year I tried to keep up with them in a blog, I will NOT be doing that again this year.

So far this year I have read:
1. L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
2. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
3. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
4. Prep: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld
5. Sweet Little Lies: An L.A. Candy Novel by Lauren Conrad

I am about to start reading My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler.

I really have missed reading.  I used to do it a lot more.  It helps that this semester is a lot lighter load than those in the past have been.  Although I probably should work on some homework before I get sucked into Chelsea's book.  I love her so much!


*Linked blogs from above in order are: Project 365, Brianne Kay Photography, & 101 in 1001.  I also have one for my 30 by 30 that I don't seem to be getting much accomplished for.*

No comments:

Post a Comment