Monday, March 15, 2010

Fall 2010 Semester Schedule

Classes for fall semester were finally posted today. Yes I am that big of a nerd. Registration is still a month away. I like to be able to work my schedule though. Next semester is going to be tight though. I need to be able to get into all of my classes or I will have to stay a whole extra semester. I'm kind of nervous too because a lot of the classes only have one section offered and all of the classes only have between 15-30 slots. I wouldn't be so nervous except for the fact that there is no other way for my schedule to fit without dropping at least one of the classes which would mean I would have to stay here longer. Also registration starts at 8 am on April 12th & I don't get to register until 11:30 am on April 15th.

The schedule that I have set up does require me to take a night class though. I haven't taken a night class since my freshmen year. I hate them so much. I cannot stand sitting in a class for 3 hours. I go nuts. There was no way around it though. This semester I have ALL history classes. I may end up hating my life or history during this upcoming semester. This is exactly what I was told not to do. However I have so 6 left & the rest of my classes all have to be taken together. So it was either have a history filled semester or stay at school longer. I think I'll take my chances with the all history semester thanks.

So if all goes as planned my schedule will be:
(Descriptions to follow)

HIST 210 T/H 11-12:15
HIST 211 M/W/F 2-2:50
HIST 361 M 6-8:40
HIST 385 T/H 9:30-10:45
HIST 467 M/W/F 1-1:50
HIST 480 M/W/F 11-11:50

HIST 210 Western Civilization I: Antiquity to 1500
Evolution of Western civilization from the ancient Mediterranean world to the 1500s.

HIST 211 Western Civilization II: 1500-Present
Evolution of Western civilization from the Reformation to the present.

HIST 361 Latin America 1492-1825
Spanish and Portuguese colonial empires in America from their origins through the wars of independence.

HIST 385 Concepts and Theories in History for Social Studies Teachers
Practical application of discipline for middle and high school. Learn philosophy of history and branching off of the other social sciences. Translate content, theory, method, into grade-appropriate classroom materials.

HIST 467 Modern Japan
Japanese history, 1800-present, emphasizing political developments, social and economic change, culture and intellectual achievements.

HIST 480 Seminar in American History (National Security History)
Intensive reading and research in one area or topic of U.S. or Latin American history.

1 comment:

  1. Man, taking those two survey courses at the same time might be kind of rough. World History 1500-Present is what I currently teach.

    I took the early history survey course my senior fall and it was such a breeze. By my senior year I was such a pro at how to do well in a history class. The professor LOVED me. I sailed through that class. Hope you get the same luck!

    ReplyDelete