Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet Me In Saint Louis

I haven't updated in over a week. I was going to before I left for St. Louis but then decided I'd just wait until I got back so I could update on the trip. Then life got away from me between work and other stuff. So here I am.

Today I don't work at all & basically everyone is gone since it's spring break so they all went home. My roommate Heather came back this morning but she works at 3. Branden is here also but he works & then has drill this weekend so he is going back to his parents' place tonight. So today is pretty much just a chill & relax day. Tomorrow I work 11-7 & then am driving home to my parents' for the weekend before classes start again.

St. Louis was a lot of fun. We left on Friday (5th) & got back on Sunday (7th). It was a loooong drive. It took about 11 hours to get there & 10 to get back. It was really nice to have a weekend away with just Branden & to get out of MN for awhile though. We stayed just a little outside of St. Louis in St. Ann. We went to the arch & the Anheuiser-Busch brewery tour. We were going to go to the zoo but we ran out of time because the arch took so long. There are normally 2 trams that go to the top but the north one was broken so we had to wait forever which pushed back the tour which in turn would have given us only an hr at the zoo so we didn't go. It was still a lot of fun none the less.

On Tuesday Branden & I went to finally go see Dear John. It was nowhere near as good as I was expecting. It was alright. I hate the ending. I will probably never buy it but it wasn't terrible. Afterwards we went out to TGIFridays for dinner. I love going out on dates with him. I hope that as long as we're together that never stops. I don't want to become one of those couples that just stops going out together.

Last night at work I almost passed out & I don't really know why. I think it was partly due to the fact that I was probably dehydrated & had only eaten pancakes. I have gotten light headed & dizzy before but it's usually when I get really warm... like when I was in choir standing under hot lights super close to people in those awful robes. However at work I just all of a sudden got super hot & my vision was going like I was about to go down. I felt like a fool because it was my first day alone & my first time meeting this one girl & within an hour I had to page her up to the front to tell her I was about to pass out... Yep I felt like a winner. Oh well I sat down for a couple min, got a bottle of water, & then was fine the rest of the night. I am so hoping that never happens again. A)It was a freaky feeling & B)For some reason I always feel like such a faker when I get sick or something at work or school.

No comments:

Post a Comment