Thursday, June 24, 2021

Monthly Musings June 2021



Linking up with Holly for Monthly Musings

1. Any last day of school traditions?
Despite a preschool-12 grade education, 5 years of college, & 9 years as a teacher, I don't think I've ever had a last day of school tradition.  Just extreme gratitude for making it to the end of the year.  This year was different though in that my last last day of school came & went without me realizing that it was probably my last.  I decided to stop applying for full-time teaching jobs & so unless I wind up back in grad school I will probably never see another first & last day of school until I potentially have my own kids...

2. Do you make a summer list?  What is everyone looking forward to most this summer?
I've made summer bucket lists in the past but this year I didn't.  I've got a 101 in 1001 goals list going, as well as starting daily to-do lists this week that I plan on doing for at least 30 days, if not longer, but I don't have a summer specific list this year.  I'm looking forward to just being back in MN with my family & friends and finding myself again after losing myself over the past couple of years.

3. Any summer vacation plans?
Since I just moved back to MN from TX, & currently don't have a job/paycheck come Sep 1, I don't have any plans to go anywhere big this summer.  Mostly just random little things around MN that I haven't done in forever.

4. Favorite summer outfit?  What do you live in in the summer?
I'm currently working on changing up my wardrobe so I don't really have a favorite summer outfit yet.  I do tend to live in either jeans or shorts & a t-shirt or tank top though.  This outfit is supposed to be arriving by tonight & I am super excited for it to show up.  I'm hoping that it fits right & looks cute so I can wear it to brunch on Sunday with my cousin.


5. Favorite summer meal?
Either a cold pasta salad or brats/hot dogs on the grill!

6. Do you end school in May or June?  How about when you were growing up?
As a teacher, students get out in May.  As a teacher I get out in early June.  When I was in elementary/middle/high school we got out in June.  When I was in college we got out in May.

7. Bikini? Tankini? One piece?
Bikini.  I have been seeing some cute one piece suits lately though!

8. What are your 4th of July plans?
Getting together with at least some of my dad's side of the family at my grandparents farm to do some clean-up & maybe a bonfire.  My grandpa died last April & my grandma died this past February so there has been a lot of clean-up going on at their farm.

9. Do you dress in red, white, & blue on July 4?
Usually.  I have no idea what I'm wearing this year though.  Since I've been changing up what's in my closest I'll have to see what's even in there!

10. Charcoal or gas grill?
Both but there's something special about the smell/taste of a charcoal grill

4 comments:

  1. Love that summer outfit and hot dogs on the grill are quintessential summer right? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the outfit fits; it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the farm clean up. I am right there with you in that stage of life. Thank you for joining Holly and me for Monthly Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit and now I want a cold pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete