Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 11 ... On A Tuesday

So apparently instead of drafting my post for yesterday, & not actually writing it, I scheduled it.  That's how well I'm surviving the end of the school year by the way.  Just barely hanging on & praying that May 29th gets here ASAP.  I have a to do list a mile long & what feels like a million events on my calendar between now & then.  Enough of the whining.  11 school days left until the end of the year, & only 10 for me because I won't be at work on Friday!


This past weekend really wasn't all that hectic.  My Saturday was full but Sunday was chill.  On Friday I applied for a job still in the DFW area.  I wasn't originally going to apply because I figured if I'm staying in the area I should stay where I currently am for at least one more year just to get some more longevity on my resume.  Also, there was no posted date, it said start date was ASAP, & it said the closing date was "when filled."  I kind of assumed that it was a mid-year position that hadn't been taken down yet.  However, the head coach that I work with right now came from that district, & had just worked there last year.  She encouraged me to apply, said she'd be a reference, & told me who to email.  So I did.  The head principal got back to me fairly quickly & told me that he forwarded my information to the principal over social studies.  I found out yesterday that I had been correct.  It wasn't a position for next school year.  So, I will in fact be staying where I am.  Now I'm just trying to find a place to live so that I don't have to drive over an hour to work every day!

Saturday
Saturday was my busier day of the two.  I went to brunch with a few friends at a place in Lower Greenville called Company Cafe & Bar.  It wasn't bad.  We were trying to decide between going there (where we had never been) or to Ten Bells in Bishop Arts where we pretty much always go.  We decided to try something new.  If given the option between the two again I'd choose Ten Bells.  I got the Deep Bowl (sweet potato, ground burger, avocado, egg, & salsa.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't great.

After brunch we walked to La La Land Kind Cafe for coffee because a)coffee & b)Helen said I had to do it for the 'GramIt's an Instagramable place for sure & the coffee was good.  I got a Thin Mint Latte.  Afterwards we all just went back to Helen & Caleb's for awhile to hang out.

That evening I met up with Trey & Jenn so that I could give Jenn a wine glass I had ordered for her off of Etsy for their engagement, & because I hadn't seen either of them in months.  We went to Buffalo Bros in Fort Worth because my only request was the place have good ranch.  I went there pretty much every Sunday during football season this past season & now that I'm moving closer to Dallas I'm going to have to find some new place to go.  Sad day.

Sunday
Sunday was a mixture of lazy & productive.  Okay mostly it was lazy.  The only thing productive was going to the grocery store & meal prepping.  Other than that I watched a lot of Iliza Schelsinger on Netflix, got breakfast tacos, & laid by the pool for about an hour to get a tan.  Apparently that duck wanted to hang out too...  He had a grand old time in the pool, after first clotheslining himself on the gate during landing.

2 comments:

  1. You had me at thin mint latte.
    /drool.
    The mint syrup here is more toothpaste than candy cane, and there is nothing more soul crushing than drinking a cup of toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your ability to lay by the pool! It was actually 45 degrees and rainy last Sunday, like what the what? HI MAY. *eye-roll*

    ReplyDelete