Today is my 30th birthday!
Because I took last Friday off to go to a cabin in Arkansas for the weekend, I'm working today.
While I certainly enjoyed my 20s, I've been looking forward to 30 for a couple of years now. I am so excited to see what this next decade brings.
Here are 20 things my 20s taught me:
1. It's okay to be selfish sometimes
2. Sometimes poor choices lead to great things
3. You can't fix other people
4. Actions really do speak louder than words
5. Hangovers get exponentially worse after 25
6. Falling for the wrong guy is okay, just don't fall for the same wrong guy more than once
7. Life isn't going to turn out like you think it will or want it to when you want it to
8. Garth Brooks got it right when he said "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"
9. Taking the trip is always worth it
10. What other people think of you very rarely matters
11. Walking away from someone or something that no longer makes you happy is always the right thing to do no matter how hard it seems
12. Having a few solid friends who are like family is way more important than being friends with everyone
13. Saying no is okay...
14. ...so is saying yes
15. Puppy cuddles & coffee fix everything
16. Ask for help
17. Never apologize for who you are or how you feel
18. ...and never change who you are for anyone
19. Your mom was right... about everything
20. It's okay to start over at any point in time