Friday, October 12, 2018

It's Finally Friday

I wish all weeks were short weeks.  Well except for the fact that long weekends make going back to work even harder...  Linking up with Amanda

After having a semi-full weekend, my Monday off for fair day was the perfect combination of productive & lazy.  I got laundry & dishes done as well as some vacuuming & an appointment with a doctor to follow up with all of my high blood pressure stuff last month.  Of course I also watched 4 more movies for the movie challenge.


At one point I woke up in the middle of the night Monday night/Tuesday morning & for a solid minute I had no idea what day it was & thought I had another day off of work.  Of course once I realized that no, I would in fact be waking up in like 3 hours to get ready for work, I spent the remainder of my time asleep dreaming about work.  I had such a rough day at work, for no real reason considering over all it was a super easy day, that I started looking into alternatives to teaching some more.  That night I reached out to a girl that has been trying to get me to do Beach Body for forever & a day now.  I haven't signed up yet, but I'm going to.  I don't necessarily expect to get rich but I figure if I could even cover the cost of Shakeology and/or supplement my income, at least then I wouldn't have as much stress with bills.  Plus, the fact that I turn 30 in just over a week & can't seem to lose that last 5 pounds has me wanting to get more serious about eating healthy & working out.  That doesn't mean I'm willing to give up pizza & beer for good, but it does mean that I need to start also eating better more often & actually working out so that pizza, beer, & the other junk I love from time to time won't have as big of a negative impact on me.


Finally making the decision to do so made my Wednesday so much better.  I woke up in a better mood than I had been in on Tuesday, which was pretty perfect timing considering Wednesday also happened to be World Mental Health Day.  I shared about my struggle with anxiety & some ways to decompress on the blog.  I bought some lottery tickets before work, the rain stopped & it was sunny, & the whole day was fairly relaxed considering it was PSAT testing & I was displaced almost the entire day.  It helped that I had nearly 1/3 of my sophomores missing to take the test.


Thursday started out great!  I checked my Powerball ticket & I won a whopping $4.  I considered quitting my job with my winnings.  Just kidding.  Nasho & I really did spend the morning contemplating whether or not I needed to go to work or if my time would be better spent with him for the second day in a row however...


Work was pretty painless, just slow.  My sophomores have been working on projects all week & my seniors get all of their work at the beginning of the week & have until the end of the week to complete everything.  Softball was another story.  We're supposed to get half the football field to workout on.  However, the junior high football team had taken over the whole field.  My plan B was ruined because for some reason the basketball team wanted to come outside to do their workouts in the end zone & part of the track.  That left my girls to plan C... a bleacher mile... which halfway through the basketball team also decided they wanted part of their workout to be on the bleachers as well.  I was so annoyed.  Nasho & I spent the night watching Heartland until bedtime.

Friday Funnies:






5 comments:

  1. Hilarious funnies today, and Hey you're $4 richer, well, 3 if you paid $1 for it, lol! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $4 go on. Get that high BP in check, girl. You're too young for that shit. I mean stuff. Yeah stuff! I wish you an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly LOL'ed at your funnies. That dog leaning against the gate is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling 30 is going to be a great year for you! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waking up not knowing what day it is--and then realizing it's a work day--is the worst UGH. At least you won $4 though!

    ReplyDelete