Thursday, May 24, 2018

Three On Thursday

Following Steph's lead & bringing you another edition of Three on Thursday.

As I mentioned on Friday, I jumped back on the Audible train.  Until I can get time to make it to the library, as suggested by Teh Megan, I'm currently just looking at the Daily Deal for new books until I get my next monthly credit.

Here are three books that I recently listened to, and loved.




Apparently I was on a little bit of a pep talk kick there.  I'm debating on whether or not to just keep that streak going or not because I also really want to read "Girl Wash Your Face."  On the other hand I'm still kicking myself for not picking up "The Unremembered Girl" the other day when it was a daily deal & also my brother will be flying down in a couple of weeks & we'll be taking a multi-day road trip back to MN together so I should probably also get some type of common ground book we'd both enjoy.

Any book suggestions??

9 comments:

  1. If your library participates, you can also get free Kindle books when you get your card, and download them through Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else suggested that too! I need to just go in there & get a card. I live right across the street from the library.

      Delete
  2. I want to read the Unfu*k Yourself one, based on the title alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Iliza Shlesinger had a book (and foreword by Mayim Bialik who I adore), and I really like her stand up so I'll have to check it out. And wait- you live across the street and don't have a card?! What! That was one of the first things I did when I moved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched her Netflix special and laughed so hard - love Iliza! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love You Are a Badass! I read that book like five years ago, and it definitely changed my life. I did Badass Bootcamp with Jen Sincero too and that's what got me to start my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dallas Public Library offers access to overdrive, which has kindle downloads, and I’ve seen e-audio files I think. Not 100% sure. I like these ideas for myself though... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter your political affiliation, you should go to the library and check out Dear Madam President. There's some Hillary stuff in it, but the book is written to the, eventual, first female president and discusses issues that a female president will have to endure before being the president. Essentially, it speaks to women in power anywhere and it might have been PMS or it might have just been me letting out some frustration at our current govt situation, but I bawled on the plane while listening to this.

    I say get this from the library (not Audible) since it's only ~2.5 hours long. Definitely not long enough for an Audible credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll look into that one! Tomorrow maybe I'll finally take my butt to the library! I already signed up online I just have to go in to get the card.

      Delete