3. Get married (This can stay)
4. Have kid(s) (This can also stay)
6. Drive coast to coast (This can stay)
7. Visit Europe again (This can definitely stay)
8. Find a "grown-up" job & love it (This is sticking because well I'm on year 2 of "grown-up" job but I defintiely don't love it)
9. Own a home (This stays)
16. Have at least 35% of my student loans paid off (Let's make that 50% as I'll have been paying for 6 years at that point...)
26. Settle in a small town (This stays...I more than anything want out of the city/suburbs)
29. See at least 3 National Parks (This one stays)
It's funny how much things can change in a relatively short amount of time...in just 4 years only 7 of my original goals even interest me anymore. So while I started this post with the intent of creating a new, more relevant 30 by 30, it's come to my attention that who knows where I'll be in the next 5 years...so instead I'll create a realistic 26 by 26 that I have one year to complete. Some may come from my 101 in 1001 & some may not. No promises that I'll stick to it but perhaps I'll do this each year...26 by 26, 27 by 27, you get the picture ha.
So here's my 26 things I want to accomplish by Oct 23, 2014.
1. Read at least 5 of the 65 Books You Should Read in Your 20s (According to Buzzfeed...I'm an addict!)
2. Visit at least 1 new state
3. Have at least 20% of my student loans paid off
4. Step foot in a foreign country I've never been to before. (Considering I live 4 hours from Canada 3 months of the year & 5.5 from Mexico the other 9 you'd think this wouldn't be too hard...)
5. Check off at least 4 more things on my Texas Bucket List.
6. Get a teaching job in a new district.
7. Cook 12 new Pinterest meals.
8. Create 6 new Pinterest DIY projects.
9. Go on at least 1 date a month with a new guy (until I find a special someone)
10. Go to a movie by myself.
11. Watch 12 of the movies that people keep saying "OMG you've never seen that?!" to.
12. Get my 4th tattoo
13. Run at least 1 5k I've yet to run.
14. Start a mason jar of memories (screw waiting until Jan 1st!)
15. Attend a fitness class at least twice a month.
16. Watch all of Breaking Bad on Netflix
17. Watch all of Friday Night Lights on Netflix
18. Learn to play at least 1 song on the guitar...well
19. Get a psychic reading done for the fun of it
20. Kiss someone on NYE (for the first time since Dec 31st, 2009 I might add)
21. Learn Spanish
22. Go zip-lining
23. See at least 3 people/bands in concert I'v never seen before
24. Fall in love again
25. Ask a stranger to dance
26. Get 50 blog followers.