Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Finding My Purpose: What Makes Me Unique

  I was cleaning out my bookmarks the other day & saw one called How to Find Your Purpose in Life.  Seeing as how I'm currently trying to figure out my life after having just quit my career, moving 1200 miles away, & leaving a relationship I thought was going to be my last, it seemed like a bookmark I should look into.  It had 4 overarching questions followed by 2 "to-dos."  I thought about just journaling them but then thought, why not blog them instead?!

The overarching questions:
1. What brings you joy
2. What makes you unique
3. What does your perfect life look like
4. How can you give back to the world

The to-dos:
1. Look for patterns
2. Write your purpose statement

What Makes Me Unique
-What am I naturally good at?  What comes easy to me
Organization, planning, & researching.

-What do my close friends & family tell me I'm good at
Listening without judgement, being adventurous, having the courage to do/say what others don't. 

-What is the thing that people admire most about me
My adventurous & courageous side.

-What problems in others am I good at solving (what do people come to me for counsel about)
Helping others think things out logically & seeing other/multiple sides to situations

-What do I do so well that people cannot determine whether I am working or playing
Planning trips/events

-What was I doing when I was 100% at the top of my game
Whatever made ME happy regardless of whether or not others wanted to join me

3 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you are able to look inward like that and really take stock of what makes you happy! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your answer to the what were you doing when you were at the top of your game. Making yourself happy is key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of walking through all of this, especially when you are interviewing and trying to figure out where to go from here. You and I have the trip planning quality in common! ;)

    ReplyDelete