Monday, April 9, 2018

From Summer To Winter To Spring

Mother Nature needs to get it together.  The high on Friday was 87, followed by a high of 49, & then high of 56.  It appears that most of this week should be in the 70s & 80s but apparently that can all change in the blink of an eye!

I had a much more eventful weekend than I had planned on originally but it was a lot of fun.  I hope that y'all had a great weekend as well.  Linking up with Biana.

Friday
Overall, Friday was actually a really good day.  It was senior skip day & since my last 2 classes of the day are seniors, I didn't have kids after 11:50.  I went to my 4th period & planned on just watching a movie with whatever kids did show up but there were only 5 or 6 kids & the teacher whose room I'm in that period was still there & she said she would watch them if I wanted to go do something else, so I did.  My 6th period all of 1 kid showed up so I sent him to the library so that I could get stuff ready for our softball game since we were leaving earlier than normal.

We got 2.5 innings into our softball game before we had to call it quits due to lightning, rain, & incoming storms.  The top left picture is what the sky looked like when I left the school, the bottom left picture is what it looked like by the time I got home around 7:30.  I took full advantage of the fact that I was home before 8 on a Friday, that's the first time that's happened in quite awhile, & got myself a bottle of Barefoot Refresh.  I watched Netflix until about 9 & then decided to go to bed.

Saturday

I was supposed to donate blood Saturday morning as well as have brunch with a friend but my allergies were so bad that I wound up taking medicine, cuddling with Nash, & laying on the couch most of the morning.  Luckily, my friend had text me asking if I'd be mad if she cancelled because she also wasn't feeling well.  No ma'am I would not.


I did still have plans with Helen & Caleb that afternoon so I eventually got myself together & headed their way.  A million, or 5, years ago when I went to visit my friend in San Antonio she took me to Dough Pizzeria.  We shared an arugula & prosciutto pizza.  I LOVED it!  I have been randomly craving that pizza ever since.  However, it took until this weekend for me to finally get it at the Plano location.  There are only 2 locations, San Antonio & Plano.  It was everything I remember it being.  The Italian margarita I had with it not so much.  That tasted like I was drinking straight margarita mix.

After Dough we also made a stop at Parkway Tavern for a drink & some fried pickles, but mostly so that we could get a picture of me & a bunch of ranch as a rebuttal to another friend's "name a more iconic duo" photo.  Parkway Tavern was followed by some coffee at Communion Neighborhood Cooperative because it was flippin cold outside & we were all in need of some caffeine.  After that I headed home while Helen & Caleb headed to Deep Ellum.


I was lounging on the couch with Nash, debating bed, when Trey asked me if I wanted to get out of the house for a bit.  Because I'm rarely one to say no to these types of things, 20 minutes later he was at my apartment & we were headed to the Shot Spot.  Neither of us had been there but he had seen a burger that he really wanted to try & we were both craving wings.  The burger was disgusting.  The fries, ranch, wings, & people watching however were ON POINT.  It was such a trashy little hole in the wall with karaoke.  I would definitely go back for the wings & to watch people do nightly karaoke.  They were singing everything from Eminem to Third Eye Blind to Garth Brooks to Metallica.  You can't beat dinner and a show.

Sunday
Sunday morning I was crazy productive.  As in I had all of my meal prep, laundry, & dishes done by 1 pm.  I made banana oatmeal muffins, lasagna stuffed peppers, & help me I'm poor egg/tuna salad.  Just kidding, that's not what it's called.  However, I am extra broke this month because I broke contract with my electric company (because the monthly bill was insane) & went with a new company.  Also, because growing up my mom used to make this egg/tuna salad that we would then put on hot dog buns & heat up.  It was so good.  Also, just typing that, the older I get the more I realize how broke we actually were when I was growing up.


I originally had no plans for Sunday, & was just about to take a nap on the couch when Trey said his date bailed on him & asked if I wanted to take the dogs to Dallas.  We ate at Lee Harvey's because I had never been there, we needed something dog friendly, & it appears on basically every "you need to go here in Dallas" list.  After going there, I am wondering WHY it is on basically every "you need to go here in Dallas" list.  The food was mediocre, there is no service (you go to the bar to order), & other than that it's just a kind of run down bar with a patio & not much else around.  Doggos were happy though.

After that we briefly hit up the Deep Ellum Arts Festival but Nash was NOT having it.  Mr. I Love Everyone & Want To Meet All The People & Dogs was super overwhelmed & I basically had to carry him the entire time.  While I was carrying him he was just fine.  He was all smiles with his tongue hanging out wanting to meet the people.  On the ground however he'd freeze up & wouldn't want to move.  Needless to say, we didn't stay there long.


When we left the festival we walked to Cold Beer Company where I tried a couple of their different cocktails (Miss Dorothy & Violet Beauregarde.)  I thought they were both really good.  However we struck out again on the food.  We just shared the chips & dip which was a dip trio of verde salsa (good), regular salas (average), & pimento cheese "dip" which was just cold shredded cheese with some pimento & other stuff in it (not good).  We lasted long enough for me to try two of the different drinks & then headed out.  I do want to go back to try some of their other cocktails!

From there we walked to Deep Ellum Brewing Company where we played Jenga, drank some beer, & I got some Elote Tots.  Tater tots & elote??  You can't go wrong!  It was SO SO SO good!  Just looking at the picture as I type this I want some more.  I also learned there that Nash is really good with small children.  An adorable little girl basically hung out with us the entire time loving on Nash & he just dealt with it.  Sometimes when we play he'll try to nip at me or mouth me & he didn't even attempt to do that to her.  He just took it all like a champ & gave her kisses.

Since we had had the dogs out & about for 6 or 7 hours I decided it was time to call it quits.  Nash pretty much slept the entire ride back home & then put himself to bed when we did get home.

I was so tired that I actually got over 7.5 hours of sleep last night.  Normally I get probably 5 on average.  I'm still tired though from everything & am glad that tonight should be a fairly early night home from softball.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for crazy productive. Good feeling and your food sounds delish! We had yet another baseball game cancelled today due to weather. It is 33° there with snow today. I hope your week is off to a good start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! The cold weather needs to go away!

      Delete
  2. Crazy productive days are awesome~~ with some fun thrown in!!! Happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for full on spring - these temps are crazy!

    ReplyDelete