Monday, February 19, 2018

Netflix & Food

Happy Monday!  I don't really have to go to work today so I don't even care that it's Monday.  Well I do but it's a teacher work day & since I don't have a classroom of my own, it's a sit in the coaches' office, get a few things planned, attend 1 short training, & go home.  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  Linking up with Biana.

Friday
The second, and last, day of our softball tournament was Friday.  Because the location is closer to my house than it is to work I just met the girls & the other coach there.  That meant that I didn't have to leave my house until 12:30 instead of 11.  Either one would have been better than my normal 7:30, but I'm grateful for that extra hour & a half.  I got to spend the morning lounging around with Nash, & finally going to the Post Office.  I think I hate going there more than I hate putting away laundry.

When we all met up at the field we decided to get some lunch since our first game had been pushed back to 3:30 instead of 2.  We went to Big Yeti's Pizza.  It was okay.  The guy was super accommodating considering I walked in with 11 high school girls and another coach without giving him any notice.  There was also no one else there, and not everyone ordered everything, so that probably helped.  The pizza wasn't the worst, but it certainly wasn't really worth going back for either.  I got the Kick Starter which is basically a buffalo chicken pizza with a ton of fresh jalapenos on it.  After our 3:30 game, which we lost, we had a 4 hour gap before our next game started.  We hit up Wingstop for most of the girls & then Subway for a couple of others.  Then we just hung out on the bus for awhile since it was cold before I kicked them off to go warm up.  We lost our second game too but we were never meant to play that team.  The hosting team stepped in to play us when the team we were supposed to play lost their pitcher earlier in the day.

Since I didn't leave until 12:30 & knew I wouldn't be home until about 9, I had Nash walked around 5 so he could also be fed.  The messages that the walkers leave sometimes kill me.  I feel like they're doing everything in their power to nicely say "your dog is a lot to handle."

Saturday
We slept until 7:15!  I don't know the last time that happened!  Pre-Nash that's for sure.  We woke up & it was rainy so we just laid around.  It was supposed to be rainy all day so I was prepared to be planted on the couch with Nash & Longmire all day.  

However, the sun showed up so I took Nash for a long walk.  He stepped into some mud, which got him all crazy, & so when we got home I gave him his 3rd or 4th bath ever.  He hasn't had one since he was pretty much new.  He was not a fan then & once he had gotten big enough to start jumping out of the tub I quit.  However, the mud called for a bath.  He was actually surprisingly chill during bath time.  However, afterwards he got the zoomies & then acted as though I had beat him instead of bathed him.  For about an hour or so he wouldn't even let me put his collar on him & wanted nothing to do with me.  Then he realized he wanted to cuddle & we were best friends again. 

I had gone grocery shopping that day but wasn't in the mood to cook.  Plus since I had been craving pizza for so long, & the one I had gotten the day before hadn't satisfied my pizza needs, I ordered one from Marco's.  Sausage, green olives, & jalapenos for the win.  I'm pretty sure I got hit on by the pizza delivery guy however luckily unlike the one in Houston, this one didn't pull my number out of the system to text me later...  

I also got my very first Graze box.  It was a free sample box but I do plan on getting another one.  If you'd like to try a sample box for free you can use my code: RYTVGMRWP.  When you use that code you get your first and 5th boxes for free.  However, you can cancel or pause after your first free box without penalty.  I get $1 off for every referral & a free box with my 3rd referral.  Before getting your first box you can select your food & diet preferences.  For example I hate pineapple so none of my boxes will have anything with pineapple.  You can select by individual foods but also if you are vegan, can't have soy, gluten, dairy, or don't want to have to use a microwave.

After you get your first box you can decide if you loved, liked, or disliked your snacks & future boxes will be based on the ratings.  My first box came with the "jelly doughnut," "chocolate pretzel dipper," "pumpkin spice flapjack," & "veggie caesar" packs.  I only disliked one (pumpkin spice) & loved the veggie caesar.  My snacks ranged from 110 (veggie caeser) to 240 (pumpkin spice flapjack) calories.  

My first full size box (8 snacks) will arrive next week.  You can receive boxes every week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, or 4 weeks with the option to suspend, cancel, or change frequency at any time.  After you receive 2 subscription boxes you get a welcome gift, and after you rate 16 snacks you get free faves.  This isn't sponsored, & I didn't intend to write 3 paragraphs on it, but I after getting my free box I was super excited for a way to try out a variety of healthy snacks for relatively cheap instead of my same old same old.

Sunday
Thanks to all of the rain my allergies had me feeling like crap on Sunday.  I slept SO much.  I napped on the couch once or twice, went to bed at 6:30-6:45 with the intent of just laying down for 30 or so minutes, woke up at 8:30 & decided to just get ready for bed at that point.

I did manage to make taco soup & meatball parmesan for the week though, as well as get some tacos.  Other than that it was napping, comforting my suddenly always barking/whining dog, & watching more Longmire on Netflix.

4 comments:

  1. Nash, he was mad at mama, thank goodness, they get over it. Your meatball parm looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a little of it last night. It was so good!

      Delete
  2. Nash is such a cutie, even if he is a handful lol. I go back and forth on whether or not I want to try Graze. I have almost signed up for it a few times and then backed out. You know...I didn't even think about allergies!!! Zoe has been sick and I thought maybe I caught it from her. But allergies makes a lot more sense. Tis the season. Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried Graze and I'm just not a snacker. I had to force myself to eat them.

    We had taco soup last week and Teh German said he was tired of it.. soooo I have to wait a few weeks before I can make it again.. which is the pits.

    ReplyDelete