Monday, February 9, 2015

Music, Dancing, & Sun

Friday
I FINALLY got to see Cody Johnson in concert.  Friday was such a long day for me though.  If you remember last Monday I talked about how by Friday after work I can barely make it to bed, let alone do anything.  Well, I did something ha.  I had been wanting to see Cody Johnson for so long & this was his last date even close to Houston for such a long time that I didn't care what I had to do I was going to be there.  I did arrive late & leave early though.  There was a rodeo in Humble that started at 7 & I didn't arrive until around 8:30.  I caught the end of that & all of Cody Johnson.  Frankie Ballard played after but I made it through 1.5 songs before thinking "meh" & left to go to bed.

In other exciting news I finally paid off 1 of my credit cards on Friday!  Only 1 more card, 5 student loans, & a car payment to go ha.

Saturday
I had to wake up early to go to a staff development.  It was supposed to be 8-12 but it wound up being 9-10.  The downside, I got up & arrived way earlier than necessary.  The upside, I met a teacher that works at another school in my district to hang out with while we waited, the speaker was incredible (Anthony Robels), & I still got credit for 4 hours of staff development even though we were only there for an hour.

I went to the outlet mall afterwards in search of a dress for prom.  Yay for being senior sponsor!  I knew exactly which dress I wanted which is why I drove an hour to the outlet mall.  I wanted this dress but they didn't have it in the store.  I thought about ordering it online but the store has a no returns on dresses policy.  I asked the girl if that meant for online too & she didn't know.  I called the number for online shopping customer service and nobody answered.  I said screw it, bought a shirt there, & drove to Cavenders instead because the boot store makes me happy...and depressed ha.  I mostly went because I wanted to get Cody Johnson's albums.  I found one, & as luck would have it, a dress.  It's nowhere near as fancy as the one I had gone out for in the first place, but I'll actually wear this one...all the time...because boots & dresses.

I hung around the house for awhile getting ready & killing time until I met up with Art Teacher friend for drinks & apps before heading out to go two-stepping.  95% of the night was a blast, up until the end when drama ensued for reasons I won't go into, but I was reminded why I spend a lot of time by myself.  On the brightside, the beginning was a ton of fun, I got to see my favorite bartender, & eat one of the world's best barbacoa tacos.

Sunday
Pretty much I hated life when I woke up the next morning but a bubble bath, shower, & Sonic solved that.  I went to the grocery store so I could get some stuff for supper this week (recipe coming Friday).  CJ ended up coming over (which was also not so fun in the beginning...because again I have little patience for nonsense...) but we hung out at the lake for awhile so I could get my tan on & breathe fresh air & then just went to Chuy's for margaritas & chips.

I did not watch the Grammys because a)I'm still on an award show boycott & b)The Walking Dead came back.  I'm so happy it's back on.  I tried to watch Better Call Saul, I loved Breaking Bad, but after the first 30 min I called it quits & went to bed.  I recorded it so maybe I'll give it another shot but I could NOT get into it.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on paying off one of your credit cards - that's awesome! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on paying off one of your cards!! that is amazing :) yay for finding a dress, it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Walking Dead was amazing! I was so sad when that thing happened (I'm not about to spoil it for your readers). I mean why?! Just why?! The fact that Michonne showed emotion was pretty cool though, she's still badass haha

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Civic Center is super close to my house! I had no idea that rodeo was even happening, except for the sign at the school nearby. Glad you had a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the card paid off. i am working on paying my car off. So glad the Walking Dead is back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously it feels so good to pay off cards. I just made my last payment on my car and I"m in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on paying off your credit card! What a great feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on paying off a card! And yay for having a good concert!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty dress! That will look great with boots.
    Congrats on paying off your credit card, that's huge! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete